1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ending rental car but still have one night

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by njnewbe, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njnewbe

njnewbe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need some advice on this one. I'll be (first time) in vegas for "business" in February for a couple of days. I extended the trip one night on my own so I'll need to drop the rental car off in the morning and get back to the strip. For the business portion I'm staying at the marriott near the convention center. For my time I'm staying at caesers.
    My plan - checkout day, load up and check out. Head over to caesers, see if room is ready, if not leave bag. Drive back to rental return.

Next portion will be to conserve as much gambling funds as possible. Here's where I'm stuck. Could I walk it back? I enjoy a nice walk and won't have any bags. Looks like it may take 1.5 hours though (according to google maps).

Are there cabs at the rental car center? Could I get an uber at the rental car center?

Sorry for the questions. I've never been out to vegas and for some reason feel the need to plan this little bit of transfer.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See if you can drop it off at a strip location.

How much would it cost for one more day of rental car?

Maybe two uber rides would be close to just paying for one more day?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  3. GamblingGolfer

GamblingGolfer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm guessing both cabs and Uber will be around. You could also take the bus. The South Transit center is nearby and it will go right down the Strip. Check out the website - http://www.rtcsnv.com/transit/.

GG

4. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked Uber and it says it would be $8.80 from rental center to Caesars.

5. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would do uber or lyft! especially if you have any promo codes lying around

6. remmerde

remmerde VMB's Resident Cigar Sommelier

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course, you could ride the shuttle back to the airport and cab from there...but why, I guess. Sometimes you'll see a cab at the rental center, but sometimes none. I'd guess Uber would be the quickest way to get a ride from there.

7. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheapest options;
    1) from the rental car facility catch the free shuttle to McCarran, then figure out which CAT bus to catch to Caesars.
    2) walk from rental car facility to the South Strip Transfer terminal (SSTT), which is about 1/2 mile away on Gillespie Ave, then figure out which CAT bus to Caesars. I have walked many times from the car rental facility to the SSTT easily with a large 2 wheeled suitcase.

In either case I'm guessing $3 to $6 tops although I haven't caught the CAT bus in years.

8. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you only have one extra night, I believe time is too precious to spend 1.5 hours walking. Uber sounds like a logical choice. Its only a few bucks more than the bus options and probably quicker.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that time is too valuable. I would be hard pressed to return the car until I was leaving. By the time you drive to the new hotel, dump the luggage/check in, then go back to the car or wait for valet, drive to airport, find return transportation back to hotel, and then you still have to go back to airport again....

Of course, that assumes I even had a car. Gave up on that hassle about 10 trips ago. Yea, I know for some people it still makes sense - especially since the OP is staying off strip.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  10. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

I would recomend an uber or a lyft. Easier to summon then a taxi. You could also try to hitchhike from someone else picking up a rental car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.