1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

POLL: How likely are you to take an NHL/NFL-specific trip to Vegas?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by bdautch, Jan 15, 2017.

?

Will you go to Vegas just for pro sports?

1. Yes, because I love my favorite team, and if I can see them play in Vegas, so much the better!

2. Yes, because I think it adds something to Vegas's range of options, and I dig sports well enough.

3. No, because I don't like sports anyway, so why bother?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the sake of this discussion, let's assume the Raiders actually do move to Vegas. In that scenario, how likely would you to be to hit up Vegas specifically for that game(s), and you just so happen to do other stuff while in town?

2. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @bdautch - I need another box
    'No, because although I like sports, I'm not going to Vegas to attend a football game'.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am sports fan, but I would not go to Vegas just to watch a football game or hockey match. I have all the sports I need in my home town. Vegas is not about sports for me.

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it would be fun to see the Bears in Vegas, but not for preseason. I have friends who make a point to see a Bears away game every season and I am sure they would make Vegas their destination the once in blue moon they would end up in Vegas.

6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't mind it...but I probably won't let it balloon my trip cost a lot over it.

7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoy some sports, but I don't think I would go to LV specifically for, say, a football game unless it was really a specific game I wanted to see.

8. absinthe

absinthe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also in the "have nothing against sports but no way am I traveling to Vegas for a game" group. I mainly travel to Vegas to experience gaming conditions (selection of table games at various minimums and complimentary cocktails) and food not easily available in my local market. There are plenty of sports in my local market that I don't attend on a regular basis.

I realize this is a personal preference but I usually stay 3-4 nights in Vegas and I would not want to allocate a large portion of my day to a football game especially if the arena was far from the strip. A hockey game might be better being in T-Mobile and the games are usually shorter than NFL games. I think I would only attend the hockey game on comped tickets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would be down to take in a hockey game while in town. Football, not so much. The live hockey experience is much better.

10. Vegasman

Vegasman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would be interested in watching the Vegas entry in the NHL play the Black hawks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. jon_vegas

jon_vegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would probably make a trip to vegas when my NFL team plays there and check out the stadium.

12. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Option 4- I do like sports, but wouldn't make a special trip to Vegas to see my team play.

13. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    100% going to make a trip to see the blackhawks play.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. troyzilla

troyzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NHL yes - NFL no.

15. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would probably go every time the Browns played in Vegas. I might also make a trip each season to see the Raiders. I am in the camp of a live sporting event makes any trip better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would go to watch MLB if it ever gets there. Wouldn't go for NFL since I generally don't stay over the weekends anyways and football would spike the prices even more than normal

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would go to LV, and a good excuse would be to see MY team play, but I can't see myself being a transient fan of the Las Vegas {whatever} just because they're the local LV team.

18. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tend to need some reason (with the wife) to get the Vegas trip on the calendar, whether it's a flimsy reason or not. A Raiders game would do the trick. Also, it's always fun to do new things in Vegas, and this would count.

19. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me. going to Las Vegas just to watch a Chicago team play has no special value. The cost of jacked up hotel rates is not justifiable. I live about 5 miles from Soldier Field, and about 10 miles from the United Center. I can drive to Soldier Field in about 10 minutes and the United Center in about 25 minutes.
    I am not about to hop on a plane and fly to Vegas just to watch the Bears or Blackhawks. The entire concept is meaningless for me.

20. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I voted the first option, because it is close enough. But I don't travel to a bunch of different cities to see my team.

So really, what it is is, I'm going to Vegas regardless, and my football team isn't hometown, and my hockey team is stupidly priced, so I am willing to look at scheduling the Vegas trip I was going to make anyway around seeing one or the other play.

Of course, my football team only would play in Vegas once every 8 years (2018 next), which helps and hurts. Makes me more likely to schedule around it when it happens, but it won't happen often. And whether the Raiders manage to either have a stadium up (near impossible) or play at UNLV in the meantime could impact whether 2018 is possible.

The Leafs in Vegas could be interesting though. Vegas already could have home team issues, but between snowbird hockey nuts, and the possibility of some Arizona Matthews fans coming in, it could be like a home game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.