1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Silver 7's breakfast buffet.. yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Happygirl21, Jan 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll be heading to the Atomic Museum and will be walking. I see we will walk right past S7 and I also see I have a BOGO in the ACG book. Was thinking to stop in to give it a try, just because. Reviews I have read are extremely mixed. Just curious if anyone has any input.

Ps- I get it's a low budget thing, so I am not having great expectations. Just don't want to put us at risk for food poisoning. If I'm gonna run the chance of being sick, I'd rather be b/c I over indulged at the BJ table :whistle:.

Thanks!

2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time we went, it was very "OK" but definitely did not rate the Charles Atlas Seal Of Approval! :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I classify it as "life sustaining", which means it won't make you sick, but there's nothing there to highly recommend, and the price is right.

I eat there occasionally on the way to the airport.

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know a couple of families who live in the Sierra Vista neighborhood, just north of Sliver Sevens, who consider it quite a treat to go there for Sunday brunch. I guess "value" is in the eye of the beholder.

5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For some families, going out anywhere to eat is a treat.

That's why I explain to my son that our lifestyle is "privileged", even though we're "just" upper middle class.

Not to get on a social rant, but I get the letters encouraging me to apply for reduced school lunches. I can't imagine a family of 4 getting by on $30k a year, especially with rents being what they are in Silicon Valley . . . .

6. searchin

searchin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    7 to 10 am $9. So $4.50 a piece plus tip. Lunch starts at 11:00 and is $11. Lunch is disappointing but I do like thier fruit and fruit salads. Last I had breakfast there they had good bacon. Good enough eggs. Good enough for me. Looks clean enough.

7. rsees

rsees Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Walk right by it. I think there's a coupon for a restaurant in Tuscany. Much better than silver sevens.

8. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at the Silver Sevens breakfast buffet. It was truly the worst food I have ever been served. It was free and not worth it. Surprisingly, the cafe at the Silver Sevens (right next to the buffet) serves a very good breakfast. I recommend the 'deuces special' that is not on the menu but very good and very cheap.

9. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

For $4.50/person, what do you got to lose? If you don't like the hot items, there are pastries, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, salad bar, etc. You'll get your money's worth. They generally have a bone-in ham to go along with an adeqaute omelet station.

10. KevinSTP

KevinSTP High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd check out their Yelp page and hope there are enough pictures to give a proper eye test to. You'll probably know right away if you'll find anything you can eat with confidence.

11. fischer

fischer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was an older youtube video of the buffet. I think it was a year ago or so.

12. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

I happened to be in the neighborhood of SS a couple days ago at mid-morning and gave a quickie look see. For sure, I would stop here for breakfast if on the way to Atomic Testing Museum. For a dirt cheap price, one can have an freshly made omelet, potatoes, ham, bacon, toast, besides the fresh fruit. There other stuff, as well, but it isn't really necessary.
    Breakfats buffets are overrated anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Their cafe is great for breakfast unless you want variety. A basic breakfast is excellent value and very good. If you register for their Players Club and check your card you may even get a BOGO comp too. The buffet is OK to fill your stomach and their Steakhouse is a joke. The cafe, however, is excellent.

14. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the input, guys. My bf is like, how bad can it be? Worst scenario, we grab a few pieces of fruit or packaged yogurt. For a price of $4.50 ( or there about) per person who cares :) as long as we don't end up with food poisoning:vomit:. I do plan to finally make it to Mon Ami Gabi this trip, so I am sure that will more than make up for SS.

Thanks again!
    :beer:

15. wesraft

wesraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
  16. azbob

azbob MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lots of statements here that classify as, "famous last words." It is not worth $4.50. Just go to the café right next to the buffet and get the deuces wild breakfast special for $2.22 (two eggs, sausage or bacon and two pancakes). You have the added bonus of making fun of the victims walking into the buffet.

17. lp670lambo

lp670lambo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate there before as a quick bite to eat. I was in a hurry but it wasn't bad. I wouldn't go out of my way for it but it wasn't bad. Kinda like hometown buffet.

18. wernerw

wernerw Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just coming back from Vegas. I was having breakfast twice in the buffet as well as in the cafe (steak).

I got me a omelet, some ham, bacon and hash browns. After that some fresh pineapple. No complaints.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.