1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How do you feel about quick hitter trips?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by jacmrose, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacmrose

jacmrose Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I live in DC and decided that I needed to get out of the city for inauguration day next weekend. Obviously Las Vegas is the place to go, but unfortunately I couldn't get any time off from work. So I am leaving at 5:30 PM Friday and leaving at 1:30 PM on Sunday. I was able to get the two nights comped at the Bellagio and used miles for the flight so the trip is basically free.

I've decided this is going to be a pure degenerate trip. No shows, no fancy dinners, no pool time, just strictly drinking and gambling. I am kind of excited to do a trip this short because I think I have a better chance of coming out ahead since its usually the 4th or 5th day when gambling really starts to go south.

Do you all have any tips for these real short trips? I'm bringing the same bankroll I usually bring for 3-4 nights so I'm going to be super aggressive at the tables right from the start. Do any of you have luck using this strategy?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]
    All of my trips are this way... most are 3 nights... a few are two... & a few are 4.
    I go to gamble, drink & smoke...and periodically, eat & sleep.
    I typically gamble about 14 hours each full day I'm there.
    But I low-roll, averaging $18/hand at blackjack... I use a "20x base unit" rule for session buy-ins & my base bet is $10.
    Figure on 12 sessions per day, losing $50 per session on average - that's $600. (No, I don't actually lose $50 per session...I usually win, or lose less than that - but for budgeting purposes, I assume that's what I'll lose.)
    So, I budget $700/day for this level of gambling. I bring more than that, as I like to play UTH more & more these days.
    Anyway - you can adjust your bankroll, based on your 'base bet' (assuming your game is blackjack).

Annual Spring Trip!
  3. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have done 2 nights a few time and have gotten in on Friday night and left Monday at 6 am a few times. It is a fast trip but still fun if you can stand the flight. Just kick but and have fun..............Rick

4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was younger I could have enjoyed a trip like this. Nowadays I need a day or two at home before returning to work.

I'm gonna side-track a bit. @jacmrose what are your options to get from DC to New York City? Is there a train to get there quick?

5. jacmrose

jacmrose Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah the train is the way to go. If you take the Acela Express from Union Station you can be at Penn Station in under 3 hours. The normal train takes like 3 1/2 hours.

6. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm also in DC and would be reluctant to do this- a long way for one night, essentially. Why not drive to A/C and save those miles for when you can spend more time in Vegas? Especially since all you want to do is drink and gamble.

7. jacmrose

jacmrose Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought about it, but once I saw I could get a flight for free using miles I decided that a 5 hour flight verses a 3 hour drive was worth it. I love AC but it isn't Vegas.

• Like Like x 1
  8. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True dat!

9. jacmrose

jacmrose Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you and I could be friends. I have roughly 2k budgeted for blackjack and craps so our bankrolls are about the same. I think a $50 average loss per session is a good number to aim for.

10. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we lived in Calif, we did quick trips like this all the time. I'd line up some cheap Southwest flights, or we'd drive in and spend a couple nights of debauchery and then head back to work. Of course, we were younger then and somehow managed to rebound from the hangover a lot quicker than I can now. :drunk:

11. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice! No tips, but when I lived in Boston I used do occasional trips to meet friends in Vegas where I would fly out after work Friday night (7:30ish Boston time), take the redeye back Sunday night, shower, change and go to work Monday morning. Those trips were glorious at 28, 29, 30. I'm 40 now and probably could no longer pull it off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ref59405

ref59405 Creepy Vegas Friend

Trips to Las Vegas:

Your video clip was very funny. Good job!

13. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We tend to only do 3 nights but we arrive before noon that first day.
    With your schedule you essentially lose that first day plus one night.
    That trip is a tad bit too short, but that is because its also a 5 hour flight each way.
    If Vegas was only an hour or so away maybe so.

14. jacmrose

jacmrose Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I plan on making up the lost day by not sleeping that first night haha. I wish I could do longer but I'm just counting this as a bonus trip and not as one of my standard 2-3 trips a year.

15. StingerHook

StingerHook High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did a 2-nighter in July before starting a new job and had a great time.

The only tips I would put out there would be to:

1) Sleep on the plane if feasible
    2) Be careful of feeling rushed & letting that affect your gambling - there were times where I feel like I played just for the sake of playing since the trip was so short (I've normally done 4-6 night trips in the past) and it bit me in the ass

16. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Remember to drink water before you fly home. Be aware of your recovery time.
    I also suggest don't be concerned about trying new stuf.f Go to the Tried & True restaurants, ones that you know you like.

17. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't do weekenders anymore (almost always 5 nights now) but the way you have it planned sounds fun, just get in, get nuts, and get out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.