1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Paris Burgundy versus Flamingo Go Mini-Suite

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by PTSailor, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PTSailor

PTSailor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm headed out in February and can get a similar rate on the newly refurbed Paris Burgundy room (end of hall, strip view) or the Go Mini Suite at the Flamingo. I've stayed at Paris many times (though not in several years) and have also stayed at other hotels ranging from Bally's to Mandalay (the week it opened to before it became to tired - which seemed to happen really quickly with that particular property) to the Bellagio, Wynn, Aria types of places, So I understand the range of properties, but I've never been inside the hotel part of the Flamingo, and I'm not sure what to expect there, nor how time has treated Paris' rooms over the past 10 years since I've stayed there.

The crowd I'm travelling with are more in the Bally's line of folks (than the Wynn/Encore) and are staying at the Flamingo, but I'm comfortable staying at another location (we play different games at different times of the day, and just meet up for dinner and nightlife) as long as it's in the neighborhood (so anything from PH to Harrahs, Bellagio to Mirage woulid be fine) Ballys is also offering their standard jacuzzi suite at the same rate, but that room looks pretty sketchy, and I'm not sure how much time I'd spend in the jacuzzi in the center of the room ;)

Any views or opinions as to the two properties/rooms would be greatly appreciated.

2. DJ Ran

DJ Ran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at Paris many times in fact we're staying there again in February in a remodeled mini suite. IMHO, it's a much better overall property than the Flamingo with very good eating, drinking and entertainment choices on site. It's also connected to Ballys via an indoor walkway. Paris wins hand down for me over Flamingo.

3. PTSailor

PTSailor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In an apples-to-apples comparison, I agree with you DJ... but I was wondering if anyone here had any specific input as to the Go mini-suite at Flamingo, vs. the newly refurb'd standard room at Paris. Absent my travel group staying at the Flamingo, I'd probably stay elsewhere, but since they're there... (and with the long wait times I've experienced getting into the Paris dining venues in the past, but maybe I'm just spoiled from the short-lived days when my HiltonHonors status was good for a line pass at all CET properties.) I was thinking I might give the Flamingo a try. I just wanted to ask this experienced group whether the property was so inferior to Paris/Bally's that even having the suite over the standard room, I'd walk away very disappointed.

4. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go mini-suite at Flamingo, old unless it's been remodeled and I don't think so.

5. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Travelfiend, Troll and I all stayed at Flamingo in November. Travelfiend & I both had a regular Go room - which we were both happy with as always. I moved from Strip view to Garden (High Roller) view after first night to avoid Strip noise. Troll had a Go Mini Suite and she really liked itHR/Garden - also overlooking . I apologize - I managed to lose the pics from her room that we had sent in messenger at some point after the trip. But she was very happy with it, felt it had a nice roomy feeling. She normally stays at Caesars but we all agreed on one location this trip. Go's have mini-fridge & coffee maker. Bed in my room was very comfortable (sleep very well at Flamingo). Her mini-suite was closest to Spa elevators for elevator location. As far as room condition TF & I only had minor issues. My iPod stereo dock was missing but since I requested a change early the morning after arrival I think I may have received a room technically out of service. I called down just to make sure that they recorded that the stereo dock was missing so I didn't get billed for it later. I really didn't need it. TF's heat wouldn't turn on the next week when he returned for a few add'l nights but he called down & they had it fixed within a few minutes. So yes, a bit older & a bit more wear, but I enjoy it.

As far as Paris, the Burgundy rooms just completed a redo so it would be the freshest. I am likely the only person who doesn't like the new color scheme. Next trip will probably be Paris for me again but I will probably just ask for a Red room.

Easter again..:
  6. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would not choose the Bally's jacuzzi suite.....weird layout with marble steps up to the bath area (I was always afraid I was going to trip in the night and knock myself out!). Nothing special as I saw it.

7. PTSailor

PTSailor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any other input?

8. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paris Burgundy. Better hotel and newer room.

9. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've considered the GO mini many times but never actually stayed in it. From all the research I have done....Most of them face Caesars, no tub just a shower, larger than the revamped Paris room, both have an empty fridge, GO has a bigger sofa than those in a regular room at Paris. GO minis at that time were listed as all non smoking and I am a smoker so didn't wind up booking it. I did read tons of reviews on TA and googled pics and videos from around the net. I haven't stayed in a GO room /suite for 5 years at least and the last time the furniture in the one we were in was getting pretty trashed....that white cheap furniture isn't holding up too well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.