1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Signature at MGM Grand?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Disney Fan, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disney Fan

Disney Fan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone, just booked our group of 5 Vegas virgins into the Signature at MGM Grand, all around 21 years old, what do yall think, good choice ??

2. Sidekicknick

Sidekicknick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you just booked, I donno if input is worth a damn (unless you can cancel) but I would suggest looking at PH / Cosmo / Cromwell (or if you want condo type rooms like the Sig) look at Elara or the Jockey Club... all of those have a much better location. The walk to anything from MGM / The signature is kinda a pain.

3. fudgewapner

fudgewapner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wold definitely try to change it. As sidekicknick said, you would be better off elsewhere. I'd go with Cosmo, Aria, MGM (the non-signature obv), or PH.

You don't say when you're going. If a summer trip and pool matters, then MGM, Caesars, Wynn, others with a better pool setup

4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Signature is very nice but it's a little far from the action. It's quiet and chill in the Signature. If you're going to Vegas for a blow-out party, you'll be better off at Cosmopolitan or Planet Hollywood or MGM Grand itself. The Signature has its own small pools and you get access to the MGM's huge pool complex, too.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Disney Fan

Disney Fan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do have free cancellation, so looking at all offers, love to have them stay at the Cosmo but is not cheap...

6. Sidekicknick

Sidekicknick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are your dates and rough budget (per person or total stay)?

7. Disney Fan

Disney Fan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May 21 thru 25 so 4 nights...Staying at the GN Friday/Saturday (19th, 20th) then moving to the strip for last 4 nights...

8. Disney Fan

Disney Fan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got the signature for around a thousand bucks, total, still looking for a room for the wife and I.

9. Sidekicknick

Sidekicknick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many (if any) of that 5 are couples / okay with sleeping in the same bed?

10. Disney Fan

Disney Fan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two girls are our daughters, then another girl (friend) then two guys (friends only).

11. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would, as have others, suggest that Vegas Virgins stay right on the strip. If/when you go again you can explore other options if you wish but staying in the middle of the action is great for first timers.

12. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with what others have said, stay on the strip. Lots of options for hotels, food, etc.

Good luck and have fun.

13. Disney Fan

Disney Fan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I totally agree, the issue is with a room that can handle the 5 people, in regard to sleeping, bathrooms, etc...

14. Sidekicknick

Sidekicknick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As much as it gets shit on here, I would suggest Jockey Club. The location is seriously the best - right between Cosmo and Bellagio on the strip. They'll have lots of space with the living room area, extra bathrooms which will be key when the girls are getting ready, and about the same price as the Signature.... probably cheaper if your $1000 above didnt include taxes/fees.

My best guess is you could get two rooms at the Jockey Club (guys / girls split)
    Girls = 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom suite ... 3x queen beds + pullout couch, 2 full bathrooms, living room area, and full kitchen --- My best guess is you would be $670 for this room for four nights (including tax/fees)
    Guys = 1 bedroom Deluxe suite .... 2x queen beds + pullout couch, 1.5 bathrooms, living room area and full kitchen --- Again best guess is ~$430 for this room for four nights (including fees)

It would be cramped, but you could squeeze all 5 into a single 2 bedroom unit. 3x queen beds + pullout couch + rollaway (which they have) would get everyone their own spot to sleep.

.... ~$1100 gets everyone their own bed, dead center of the strip, and lots of extra space for them to hang out together before heading out for the night. The biggest plus I would say is bathroom space for the girls.

Whenever I book at the Jockey Club I usually go through these guys:
    LV TOURIST BUREAU @ 1.800.777.8342
    ... they're always the cheapest, have a great cancellation policy, and always honor my request to get the Bellagio side view (DO THIS!!!!) - give you a fountain view vs. a Cosmo concrete wall view.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Disney Fan

Disney Fan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much everyone for the help, have considered the Jockey Club and still am, also looking at the Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations.

16. Sidekicknick

Sidekicknick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Elara would be my second vote, but its probably 3-4x more expensive than JC would be.

17. Disney Fan

Disney Fan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone recently stay at the Elara ??

18. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some have mention PH. Have you looked at that? Pricing shouldn't be too high for 2 regular rooms and location is center strip. Perfect vibe for 21yr olds. How many rooms did you book at signature for $1k? I just went to TR website (not logged in) and show PH 2queen Hip room for $816 incl resort fees & taxes. Linq is also another option. I glanced at it and think it was around $650-$700. I think PH would be a great option for them, since it's centrally located and you're walking distance to many dining options and things to look at and explore for vegas virgins.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed there 2 years ago. Very nice!

My son's friend just turned 21 and he's at the Marriott Grand Chateau right now. That's right in front of the Signature. Flamingo is a little run down but it's popular with the 21 year old crowd that aren't rich.

20. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PHo without a doubt. Great location, excellent atmosphere for 21 year olds and within walking distance to everything. Condo rooms are over rated in general and boring for 21 year olds since its away from the action. Pricing should not be that outrageous. Do the kids a favor and look into it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.