1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How bad is the Circus Circus buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by zenvegas, Sep 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExVegasLocal

ExVegasLocal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always referred to the CC buffet as "a celebration of fish sticks and jello".

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do the WIN cards promotion while you are there and that would probably pay for the buffets. Circus Circus lets you use both $15 for $10 and $30 for $20 promotions at the same time. So, you get $45 worth of chips (used until lost), for $30 for an expected profit of a little under $15.

3. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those heading downtown for GN....the best downtown buffet is MSS, not even close

4. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I disagree...but MSS isnt bad for the price...oh and if you're Hawaiian it's your first choice

5. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GN is by far the best buffet downtown. MSS is ok, but typical Boyd bland, and the Fremont buffet is even worse.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Big dan

Big dan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just make sure if you do end up eating at the c.c. Buffet you go to the gift shop afterwards to get your free "I ate at the circus buffet and survived" t shirt. :eek:
    In all seriousness I ate at the breakfast buffet there prob close to 30 years ago as a kid and I remember how bad it was. The cold cereal (fruit loops) was the star of the meal. Hahaha

7. naccmet

naccmet Low-Roller

I think that everyone is being rather hard on Circus Circus. Afterall, The food there has a "unique" flavor, thanks to all the different kids fingers that touch it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I like the MSS buffet. But take shuttle to Samstown . Liked their buffet better and actually cheaper. Do like the MSS weekend champagne brunch for $11,99 and Manny the egg guy is a trip

9. roycpa

roycpa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MSS is our DT buffet of choice. GN was once pretty good (20+ years ago). Even then, at twice the price of MSS it wasn't a great value, even then. Two owners back, it was great when you had a BOGO coupon. (We last tried it about a year ago.)
    We may have to try CC one of these days, just to see/taste it!!!!!

10. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great responses............

My only CC Buffet was for breakfast, in 1989.

I walked over FROM Palace Station because the big CC sign was advertising the breakfast for, I think, $1.99.

First problem was I had one of my top five lifetime hangovers.......second was in the dining area I was surrounded by vertical swaths of pastel pink and orange which somehow added to the brutality of the hangover......

.......but the thing that put me over the edge was the first trough of food I came to was brains and eggs. That was just too much to handle. I did manage to down some cottage cheese and some canned pear halves.

Have not set foot in CC since then.

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Silver sevens is b one get one free all the time or 50 off if ur by ur self with a coupon from the Sunday paper

12. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Palms breakfast I think is only 6.99,much better deal

13. Cardeater

Cardeater Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's the best way to play to get this EV? I want to sign up my mother and GF and just have them do it in best +EV way possible. Thx.

14. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seeking lower variance, go to the $3 table and play $3-5 hands (you get 15 $1 chips and the rest in $5 chips). More hands the better. Bets under $5 pay even money on BJ and the table can be packed though.

Seeking the best EV move is to go play a $25 table that pays out 3:2 or at least always bet $5 per hand to split a lower variance/higher EV strategy.

15. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Fremont buffet should be shut down or only charge patrons .99 Never been to CC buffet but it has to be 3x better just by cutting on the lights

16. blust2i3

blust2i3 Tourist

I once ate there in the 70's. Back then, it is pretty good.

17. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    let's say there was a coupon in the ACG or LVA MRB book for a free dinner buffet at CC. even if I were in the neighborhood, I most likely would not redeem that coupon. I eat my share of junk food, but yet I can be pretty darn picky. I don't like to "waste" my calories on slop.

18. rcbeamer

rcbeamer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In April '77, my 1st Vegas trip we had the CC breakfast buffet one morning. I think it was 99 cents, lol. I was 15, brother was 16, 2 younger sisters were 12 and 14. Parents turned us loose, and we headed straight for the Cap'n Crunch and Crunch Berries troughs! Parents couldn't afford "sugar" cereals, as Mom called them back then.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How bad is the Circus Circus buffet?

Instead of a doggie bag, you get a barf bag.

Hi-Yooooo!

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    VegasSchemer pretty much nailed it. Well, I usually don't risk these on BJ because I think they'd pay even money if I end up getting a blackjack, and that would suck. In the best case, they'd pay 6:5 and that would suck as well.

I usually go to the $5 craps table and put it on pass line. I put $5 on the pass and take 2X odds, so this gives me at least 3 shooting sessions and cuts back the house edge a little bit. If you want to enjoy a longer session (drinks etc), just do that without taking the odds.

Roulette is pretty bad in terms of house edge, as you can't play these chips on numbers. So, for even money returns, 5%+ house edge is crap.

Circus Circus should be no problem finding a cheap game but once I was at MB with $30 worth of chips, and all I could find was a $15 craps table. So, I did only pass line (no odds). After a nice streak, I ended up cashing out $75!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.