1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

5 Different Tourneys in 5 days...suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by benjamin1, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benjamin1

benjamin1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, heading to Vegas end of March and have decided to play more poker than usual this trip and want to play a tourney each day....I prefer deeper stack and longer blind levels, but also don't mind playing some more turbo type tourneys. Might even fit in more than 5. Not looking for games with the best players necessarily, lol. Happy with buy ins from $40-$250 and would like to play 1 tourney downtown. TIA

2. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    downtown, I think you will be limited to GN or maybe Binions. I will be downtown as well, starting march 29th, 5 or 6 nights. I wish I was a better poker player. good luck -- I hope you rake in some big pots!

3. bribhoy

bribhoy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Number one on the list should be the Aria's early tournament. $125 starting at 1:00pm on weekdays and $240 with an 11:00am start on weekends. Downtown choice would definitely be the GN, 11:00am and 7:00pm starts for $70 with a $125 11:00am start on Sunday. The Sunday has a $5k guarantee.

Depends when you're there at the end of March, but from the 24th to the 3rd April, Planet Hollywood hosts its Goliath Warm Up series, with a total of $1 million in guarantees across all tournaments.

https://www.caesars.com/content/dam/phv/Gaming/Poker%20Room/planet_hollywood_spring_goliath.pdf

I would also hit up the tournaments in the Bellagio and Wynn. That's my vote for 5, and I'm certain you can fit in more than that if you have the appetite for it.

4. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you would like to play in tourneys that last about 2-3 hours Bally's has a $65 that usually seats 9-14 people..very casual and lot of fun

5. Niteshade

Niteshade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bally's has several and they usually have a guarantee of 500.00 with some
    of them - you can check their schedule online - also P.H. has guarantees - Flamingo
    also has some nice, quick casual tournies. For more expensive - longer - Aria is top notch
    as well as Bellagio, Wynn, Venetian and Caesars. Off strip - Orleans has some nice tournies and not
    always hold'em. Nice room.

6. benjamin1

benjamin1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much everyone! You have given me some great options! Didn't know about the warm up Goliath series at PH and will definitely play at least one of those games! Getting excited!

7. BigShot55

BigShot55 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suggest the deep stack 11am tournament on Sunday at GN. Played it recently and it was well-run and blind progression was reasonable.

8. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandalay and Monte Carlo both run morning and/or noon tournaments which generally draw 15-20 players. Luxor used to have big tournaments years back during the poker heydey but recently they have had difficulty filling a single table.

Bally's, Planet Hollywood, MGM and Venetian all have daily tourneys in the $80-240 entry fee range. Hard Rock has a reputation for having fairly lousy players, Orleans players are supposedly very good.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bazzito52

Bazzito52 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The noon tournament at Wynn is hard to beat.

It's well run and has a good return.

It's a $125.00 buy-in w/ re-buys until the 1st break. There's an extra $500 chip bonus for registration by 11:00 and a $500 chip bonus if your seated by noon.

I haven't played there since they moved the poker room, but I'm sure that it plush and comfy like the old one - the only exception being that they moved it away from the entrance by the self-parking lot. (Last time I played there, everyone was complaining about the move.)

10. Mario's Backroom

Mario's Backroom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The $125 Aria tourney is a must-hit. I really like the Monte Carlo Poker Room. It's small, wooden and feels like a poker room should. $40-60 tourneys are there. Hope the construction hasn't affected the room. I enjoy the turbo tourney at 10pm at MGM. Normally 2 or 3 tables, but 10 min levels get you done by 1am. For extracurricular sites, the late night Planet Hollywood tournament is fun, but it's hard to concentrate with the loud music and visual distraction of the Pleasure Pit. Plus, it's hard to discern the black chips against the black felt.

I spent two days this past September doing nothing but tourneys. Have fun and good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.