1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

So? Which Jelly Belly flavors do you love ... and detest? :)

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by dmr, Jan 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of my gifts of the season (thanks again, not-so-secret-Santa) was two f{BLEEP}ing pounds of Jelly Bellys. I do occasionally buy them and munch on them rather conspicuously. :) They're yummy (mostly) and only about 4 calories each with only trace amounts of fats and sodium, which is really not that bad, actually.

Anyway, what I got were assorted. Most of them are yummy, but there are a few in there that are totally disgusting! (And no, I'm not talking about those novelty "dirt", "booger", "grass" intentionally gross ones that they do sell.)

I've found that I'll absolutely love anything that's translucent! I admit to picking those out first. Watermelon and Tutti-Fruity and the vanilla ones are some of the solids and speckled ones that I love too.

Now there are some which, sorry, are just totally 144! :( I'll get one and eeewwwwww! Buttered Popcorn has to be the worst! It's one of the few that has no sweetness at all! It tastes kinda like chewing on the empty popcorn box or tub, with the faux butter residue and crumbs and such! :( Cappuccino is another one. I'm not a coffee drinker anyway, but this tastes (to me, anyway) like a stale coffee filter smells! Kinda reminds me of the time when I was very young when I tried tasting instant coffee, thinking it would be sort of like Kool Aid powder!

Anyone else? :)

2. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorite flavor is A&W root beer!
    The popcorn-flavored ones are probably my least favorite ones.
    Lots of good flavors in between, though! :D

RICHARD

3. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I HATE black licorice!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, I love the POPCORN ones!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not much of a jellybean fan, but I really do not like jalapeno-flavored jellybean.

6. Jaygee77

Jaygee77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My least favorite are barf and stinky socks.

No, I'm not kidding. They have this little gift set where you spin a wheel, and then whatever the wheel lands on, you have to eat that color jelly bean from the pack. They've made gross flavors that look identical to the regular flavors, so it's like a Russian Roulette of sorts. The worst is when you think you're in the clear, but it's only the sugar masking the gross flavor. When that hits you, reach for the nearest beverage!

The plus side of this game is my 4 year old son loved it, so we started playing a makeshift game with candy and vegetables. He loved playing so much that he's willing to eat veggies as part of the game, and even learned that he actually liked carrots after all.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Onmyown32

Onmyown32 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tutti frutti ones!! They taste like bubble gum!!!

8. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the same 2 lb bag too!! Love those little things, they are just so full of flavor!!! I usually just grab a few at a time and pop one in my mouth and then try to figure out the flavor....I eat them all. There are a few that I don't like as well as others, (black licorice) but I eat it anyway as it adds to the suspense of not knowing what I'll get.

9. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pack up those buttered popcorn JB and send them to me please....My favorites ..

• Like Like x 1
  10. wormhole

wormhole VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had some fun with the specialty flavors they made for the Harry Potter movies. Flavors like earwax, rotten eggs, vomit mixed in with the normal ones. Showed them to a few coworkers who tried them anyway and then they passed them off to unsuspecting coworkers.

11. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a fan of any of the sour ones

12. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the cinnamon ones. By the way, there is a store in Mandalay place that sells them. I think the store is called LICK or something. It is near the Nike store.

13. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! All kinds of responses, I was afraid nobody else would jump in! :) :)

I love those too. The problem is that the root beer ones look quit a bit like the cappuccino ones, which I really dislike. I've learned that the spots mean cappuccino.

There are also a few Dr. Pepper ones in there, but I've only hit it once. There's also a so-called chocolate pudding darker one, which really doesn't seem to have much of a taste, except it's not offensive. I kinda figured that one out by elimination. I love real chocolate pudding but the JB flavor does no justice!

{Said while sampling and looking closely at the dark ones under a desk lamp ...} It looks like the root beer and Dr. Pepper are lighter and somewhat translucent. The chocolate pudding ones are definitely opaque with no spots.

I don't mind them, but for some reason there aren't very many in this bag.

Gimme a snailmail address (update, see below, FCFS) :) and I'll send those to you. :) Only thing is you gotta take the cappuccino ones too! :)

EEEEeeeeewwwww! Nasty! The strongest one in this assortment appears to be cinnamon. It's not bad but not my fave by any means. I would not want to take a whole handful of those at once!

LOL, reminds me of a challenge on the very early Survivor where they had this big-six type wheel and the contestant had to spin it and eat whatever was in the compartment it landed on. One of the compartments had this big gross live wiggling grub type of thing! They haven't done any gross food things for several years now.

Hey, first one to get me a snailmail address gets them, but you have to take the cappuccino ones too! :) If nobody does I'll put them in a candy dish out on the front desk and see if anyone complains. :)

To make a long story long ... :) Some time ago a (now retired) co-worker had this bubble-gum type machine on his desk and he kept jelly beans in it. He usually had those "curiously strong" Starburst ones, but occasionally he would have Jelly Belly beans in it. He had the coin thingy bypassed so all you would have to do was turn the handle and you would get maybe 8-10 beans. One of our (also long retired) bosses used to abuse the privilege and go in there and crank-crank-crank-crank and then throw a whole fist-full in his mouth. We got a few boxes of those any-flavor beans and he rigged the machine so it looked normal but there was a piece of cardboard such that the real nasty ones (earwax, dirt, asparagus, booger, grass, etc.) were the ones to come out. Sure enough, knock-knock - c'mon in - crank crank crank crank chomp chomp chomp chomp! HE DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!

Oh well ... :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think my favorite is the blueberry, not sure why, novelty etc.

My former co-worker was addicted to the buttered popcorn flavor. Come to think of it, she may have been addicted to many other things. So i have a sentimental attachment to buttered popcorn. Cinnamon is pretty gross, as are the faux coffes & faux chocolates - ew. Green apples are pretty awesome, as are the dr. Peppers & root beers. Thanks for sharing all, on Atkins here til Vegas so...drools....

15. wormhole

wormhole VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On of the guys I showed the any-flavor- beans (Harry Potter ones) to was well aware of the nasty ones and wanted to try a random one to see which one he would get. He got a vomit flavored one and almost did himself! Hr had his head in a trash can gagging! Every one around him were rolling!

16. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's one of my birthday presents from this weekend!

DSCF0351.JPG

I'm bringing it to work today for a little fun with colleagues at lunchtime. :D

RICHARD

17. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOVE any of the fruit flavors... like Candy Apple stated above, I HATE black licorice!

18. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never tasted a Jelly Belly.

19. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are very addictive! In fact I am munching on a few of them now. :)

20. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I rarely eat JB's but the Buttered Popcorn ones simply amaze me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.