1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wolfgang Puck steak house JAPANESE A5 WAGYU FILET 8 OZ* it was ok.. $240

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Drewm1972, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So last night I visited my local MGM Grand and ate at Wolfgang Pufk steak house, I oredered japanese A5 wagyu filet 8oz and wife ordered lobster - now steak was $240!!!!!! It was pretty "rich flavor" even tho it was very small portion(?) it filled me up... it was pretty good very very tender but now I'm wondering why it does have such "rich flavor" does anybody know? I had steak at Cut (palazzo) and its comparable to theirs.

I don't think I would order again, main reason I got it was I was maxed out on EC and was planing to play which I would not earn any more EC since I'm a platinum player and EC stops at $5000 so thus had to spend EC

I just wanted share my experience with A5 wagyu steak.... :)

2. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure how many of those could come out of one cow (don't know what area it originates from) but it could be some pretty steep bovine. But an ounce of gold could buy two steaks so I guess that's not too bad if you were a successful miner with a burro and a pick. And a beard and straw hat. Haha

I do appreciate insight such as this as I would never have had a clue. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yeah even tho I did enjoyed a steak... I think my wife's 2lb lobster was much better lol ($70)...

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, so you used up some EC that would have gone to waste. But, depending on the tip, it still cost plenty. LOL!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. blkshirt

blkshirt High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The A5 grade Japanese Black WAGYU cattle is fed only good quality grain (corn and rice straw) and raised with scrupulous care.
    Particularly good balance of fat, extremely smooth texture, and juicy flavor spreads out in the mouth. These are the unique character of WAGYU A5, the highest quality Japanese beef.

Source

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whole lobster, or 2# tail?

7. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I left $55 tip....lol but not bad considering amount and type!

8. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it was 2 lbs whole lobster but actual "edible" parts probably less than a 1 lb.

9. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't know all the details ... thanks...yes it was pretty good but I don't think I would pay y own money to eat that steak again lol. I'm sure I paid for it somehow thru gambling.

10. Rotty

Rotty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    something us foreigners will never understand I suppose, I understand the tipping culture due to low wages but it takes no more effort to serve a $240 steak as it would to serve a $50 one in same place

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a pork chop last night. made it myself, cost me $1.50 at the grocery store. it was delicious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.