1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Strip House P.Ho. 12/30

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by rgrif57, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Michelle and I had dinner at the Strip House on the 30th prior to seeing Lionel Richie. In one word outstanding, from Carlos our main waiter to the steaks, drinks and desert. It was much better in our opinion to G.Ramsay's Steakhouse. Shell had the 8 oz. grass fed filet (special) and I had the 20 oz. bone in rib eye. The sides are big enough to split and we could hardly make a dent in the 24 layer chocolate cake....even brought a lot home with us. We will definitely eat here again and with both of us having 2 drinks, desert and prime meat we used our last 2 -$100 vouchers for 7* to finish out 2016 ............Well worth it.....Rick

2. TriggerMN

TriggerMN The Norwegian Hammer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Completely agree. GR isn't twice as good as Strip House, yet it's twice the price.

3. Sprocket

Sprocket Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Strip house is my favorite steak house right now, for what you pay I like it better than prime, Old homestead or GR

4. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Hmmm, I haven't used my Diamond dinner yet, maybe this is how I'll use it. Unfortunate, that I didn't get an email noting this when I turned Diamond.

5. txaggie06

txaggie06 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you use your diamond dinner at strip house? It wasn't on the list my host provided me last year?

6. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You need to go through your host and she/he can manually write up a voucher.............Rick

7. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the review - I'm always looking for another place to add to my list of places to try. :feedme:

Glad you had such a good experience.

8. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just went to GRSteak and tend to agree about Strip House being superior. Of course, I must say, that I had the rib cap at GR and a ribeye last time at Strip House. So, not exactly comparable. But, I really enjoyed the atmosphere bettet at SH. Service was great at both places. But, the servers at GR are by far a big plus since they must hire for appearance firstly. I particularly enjoyed their "outfits".

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
  9. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never been to GR but I have been Strip House, twice in Vegas and once at the downtown one in NYC. It's a great solid steakhouse. Not only that, one of the time I was at the one in Vegas I was solo. I sat at the bar and the bartended kept me in conversation. I appreciate that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.