1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I'm sure it's been asked about before: Flamingo King Studio.

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Happygirl21, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I probably just didn't look hard enough but wondering is the King Studio a dumpy old room that lacks a refrigerator and a decent bed? Last stay at Flamingo I had lovely Go "executive" room on the 15th floor overlooking the B.fountains. I would rather keep that image in my mind then what I'm afraid the KS might be. Any thoughts?

Thank you :peace:

2. John Rich

John Rich Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I stay at the Flamingo quite often and enjoy the hotel quite a bit despite the negative reviews from others. Last May (2016), we were comped a King Studio and it was pretty old and run down with no refrigerator. The room was clean but the carpet and furniture was very old and worn. To make matters worse, our room was a very(and I mean "very") long way from the elevators which was not good since my wife had just finished chemo treatments and was still pretty weak. We were told that they would move us closer to the elevators but it never happened. The bottom line is that we do not recommend the King Studio room but still like the Flamingo. This April we are staying at Bally's because they comped us a Jubilee Room that we could not turn down, and the Flamingo only comped us a regular room with a "chance" to upgrade to a Go Room at a small cost if one was available.

3. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you, John Rich!
    I hope that your wife is doing well :)!

4. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had the King Studio room the last 2 trips.
    The first one I was hesitant about it after check in when the clerk warned me about the rooms being classified as "classic". I read that as dingy but kept it anyway.
    I was pleasantly surprised, the room was updated with new furniture, 2 flat screens, but still worn carpet. When my bags were brought up the bellman
    commented on how nice the room was, and that he wasn't aware of any changes. He said he usually treaded taking people to the old rooms.
    On my last trip I was stuck with the older room. New TV's but old worn furnishing and not even a fresh paint job.
    The extra room is nice to have, but I would make sure the room was one of the updated ones before I would stay again.

5. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed in a Classic room 3 trips ago and it was one of the worst rooms I've ever stayed at in Vegas. Bathroom was very dirty and gross.

Gave them another shot after hearing good things about Go Rooms and stayed for 2 nights on the back end of a trip in October and it was night and day different. Room was updated and nice.

Everyone's opinion and experience will differ but for me, I'd only stay in the Go Rooms.

6. John Rich

John Rich Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. She is doing very well. Cancer free. Looking forward to our Vegas trip in April.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.