1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any tricks to getting a good car rental deal within the hotel?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by LV_Bound, Dec 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking to rent a car for just a day but not using it right away so don't want to rent from the airport when we arrive.

We were able to get a midsize SUV for about $67 from Avis at NYNY.
    The Avis at Aria was almost double the price.
    Staying at PH which has Hertz and their price wasn't much better than Aria's price.
    It would be much easier to rent from PH since we are staying there instead of having to pickup and drop off from NYNY.

Why such a huge discrepancy in prices?
    Is there a means for getting decent prices when renting from the hotel?
    Can the Host get you a better deal?

2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of times I've had good luck with the hotel Enterprise and Hertz folks by simply not appearing that interested and making like I'm gonna "walk", and they've immediately "found some discounts" were available. :)

3. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the host's job is to make you spend more money, not save you money.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I surely have ZERO knowledge, but I am thinking the car rental operation is totally separate from the hotel. Only if you are whale that gets HARD comps could a host help.

5. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

You can rent from an off strip place such as Budget or Enterprise on W Tropicana. They will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel. If you are a Costco member and rent in advance the cost should be cheaper.
    I just checked a random date in January on Costco for Budget on W. Trop and the price for a mid size is about $31.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.