1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife Desk Non-sense

Discussion in 'Comps' started by cjcjcj, Dec 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We returned from a trip to Mandalay Bay a few weeks ago.

Were staying on a paid room, no offer or Mlife booking - was a vacation package deal thru AA.

Charged everything to room, as said before here, and recommended by a Mirage desk clerk on a few trips prior.

Had an ending balance of $1,400~ on the room charges over a 4 night stay. At MB I did about 55k coin-in on slots and a little blackjack/roulette play that probably totaled 50/hand over 4 hours. This was in addition to 25k coin-in elsewhere in Mlife properties(although I do know that doesn't matter at home property). Earned about 180k tier credits to rocket from Pearl to Platinum.

Went to Mlife desk night before leaving because of early flight asked them to call a host to review play and see what they could do with charges(those were probably exact words). They played dumb and said "Oh you have $150~ in EC you can use"...asked them to call a host...they go "Have you dealt with one before?" I say Not here, but I know my play was enough to warrant some "additional discretionary comps". They acted like no idea what I was talking about, and maybe they didn't. They called a host and they went back and forth between host asking for info on computer and clerk not knowing what info to give. They come back and say they will comp $200 in addition to EC. I'm baffled.

Finally I ask for the phone and talk directly to host. Explain situation and she says away from computer but will review if you give phone #. Gave her my cell and we went off to see a show and dinner.

Never got a call back late 10-11pm, so fired off an email nicely to host to follow-up. She did end up comping all charges except for tips and retail, as I figured was warranted by my play.

But what gives with the Mlife desk? Clueless? Not trained in this? Did I catch the wrong person? Easier approach just call a host myself or VIP?

2. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

I think part of the problem with mlife desk is every person asks for everything comped. The natural reaction has become to just say no or offer express comps. You are always better off dealing directly with a host. If you can't find one use a house phone and request the host on duty.

Also if you are on the floor playing you can request one from floor supervisor or other staff members.

3. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same thing happened to me at the Total Rewards desk at Paris, i asked about seeing a host for back end comps before checking out and the guy told me we dont do that in las vegas, you can pay with your points at the check out desk and thats it. We dont have host for that. Once i found the host office of course they comped everything.

4. Miller12pack

Miller12pack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always go directly to the host office the night before I leave. But I stay at the D, so it's easy to find.

5. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This certainly makes sense. They could be just toying the company line of using express comps to "comp yourself whenever".

My play has gotten to be enough that a host (from somewhere other than MB) has reached out to me(at least I think so), but imagine this can be frustrating for the low-rollers who have enough play to warrant discretionary/back-end comps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yup just walk in blind to the host office and ask ,ive found mb to sux personaly

7. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, I don't know why you were dealing with the mLife desk anyway. Normally, my M.O. is to pick up the phone from my room ans ask to speak to the "host on duty" if I don't have a regular host at that property.

I don't see "comps" as part of the mLife desk's expertise. They are typically used to dealing with EC issues.

8. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are cheaters, they always cheat whenever there is a chance, and still do it even there is no chance.
    Very often players, especially the new ones would give up asking for back-end comps.

9. cetar

cetar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could you please tell me what "EC issues" are? Thanks!

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, they might be tight. My guess they are "judged" on how much comps they give out, so they tend to be tight.

BUT - with that play, your future offers should be much better for UPFRONT comps and you should be assigned a host.

11. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Express Comp" issues.

From the mLife website:

"Express Comps are the fastest and most convenient way for you to comp yourself at MGM Resorts International hotels, dining outlets, or entertainment venues. Express Comps can also be redeemed for select M life products, services, and M life Moments. Reach the Pearl, Gold, Platinum or NOIR Level and, just like points, you will earn a bonus on all of your Express Comps. Express Comps earning is limited to $5,000. NOIR members may earn up to $10,000 in Express Comps."

• Like Like x 1
  12. cetar

cetar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you!!

13. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    its not just MLife anymore. they all practice a lot of nonsense.

14. Crazycrue

Crazycrue Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Mlife was trying to take advantage of you and hope you won't pursue it. Pure and simple even the host wasn't very responsive hoping you would get frustrated and go away. There is no other excuse for this. Their in the gambling business they know what they should comp and what they shouldn't. This is a prime example of the direction Mlife is heading now. If you don't know what your entitled too then they will under comp you. Glad you are knowledgeable gambler. But to have to go through all that obviously they don't want your business. They keep doing this to their regular customers they will find their customers going else where which is exactly what should happen when they treat you so poorly and give you the run around.

15. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET always burns your RCs before giving back end comps. Go buy a zillion packs of gum or something in the gift shop using your RCs before you talk to anyone about back end comps.

Where I don't have a host, I've just gone into the HL slots room and asked to speak to the host on on duty vice the player's club desk, several properties have a host office inside the HL room.

16. buckeyetodd

buckeyetodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i, at one time, was nothing but a mlife patron. i liked their properties better than cet so thats where i stayed. i had stayed comped at nyny at least ten times before my host left, then nothing at all. at best i was being offered a discounted room. i'm not a huge player, maybe not even a big player in todays terms. what i am is a guy who gambles nonstop for 10,12,14 or more hours per day, mostly table games, green chipping or better 99% of the time. with the mlife offers drying up for the most part (i've stayed at mandalay a couple times and mgm once or twice comped), i just switched to cet and actually have enjoyed my stays for the most part. my problem with cet is they seem to allow their properties to age poorly before addressing the need for some remodeling.

a year or two ago i had an offer from mgm so i thought i'd take advantage of it. not a great offer, just a room midweek for a few nights. the day we were going to check out, i stopped by the host desk and asked to speak to a host. the person at the desk would not allow me to talk to one. they wanted my card and made a call but nobody would come talk to me. i explained i wasn't looking for anything beyond the room but was looking to meet someone that i could contact when i wanted to come to vegas. it was a very disappointing conversation. i basically just wrote them off.

flash forward a couple months ago to my november trip. i had stayed at the mirage before and had gotten to know a pit supervisor pretty well. i asked him for a host recommendation and he set me up with one. i emailed him and he offered me a comped three night stay. i was pretty happy about that because i enjoy gambling at the mirage and love the location. about a month before my trip i find out that my host had left the mirage. they honored the comped room but when trying to get in contact with a new host, i was shot down again.

this trip here in a few weeks i might just put in some serious time downtown and see what kind of offers i can get from GN or The D.

ultimately, the cost of a room in vegas is a drop in the bucket from the bankroll. its basically principle at this point. we all want to feel appreciated because there are lots of options out there for our gambling dollars.

todd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.