1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Giordano's pizza LV store

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Killer_Demo, Dec 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killer_Demo

Killer_Demo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Las vegas store Opened up earlier this month. Never been to Chicago but always wanted to try Giordano's deep dish. Worth the hype/price?

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always enjoyed it when in Chicago. As long as it's the same quality and they aren't charging outrageous tourist prices, I'd give a go.

3. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to live off of those pizzas in Chicago. Go for it, as long as the wait isn't crazy.

4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Giordano's is my fave of the Chicago pizza/pasta places. Gino's is a close second. Both beat Malnati's. :)

5. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two Giordanos open here now with Portillos coming next year (it's like a Chicago expansion up here)

Lou Malnati's is my fav of the bunch, however

Haven't gone to any of the restaurants here yet, but their large menu, which includes non-pizza items like salads, greatly improves my chances with the wife :thumbs up:

6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sure hope it's one of those big combined Portillo/Barnelli ones! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A Portillo's Italian beef on the strip would be awesome

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jack07

Jack07 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to Giordanos last week. It was awesome just like the ones in Chicago. Go for it!

• Like Like x 1
  9. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What time and day of week? How was the wait?

10. j52chips

j52chips Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they do not gouge you with the goofy Las Vegas pricing like White Castles and all the other new out of town restaurants, it definitely IS WORTH the try. Ordered Giardano's in the Chicago area on Xmas eve for my daughter in law. Not everyone likes their pizza. Everyone has different tastes. I like both but I wouldn't call them my fave. Some days great, others just OK. Depends who makes it. I have 2 Giardano's within 10-15 minutes of my home. I used to go to one of the original's about 30-40 years ago just off of 63rd st. Also the huge stuffed is not the Chicago style deep dish. Some think it is. The Chicago deep dish is Lou Malnatti's, Uno & Due, Louisa's, etc type with nice buttery crust, the flat sausage patty, cheese, other ingredients and crushed tomatoes on top. Sorry the chicago style is actually a nice thin crust cut into squares not triangles. The stuffed is a massive crust with lot's of cheese then other ingredients and the top sauce is a marinara or puree type sauce not crushed tomatoes.. Pizza taste is defined by what you like or are used to, just like beer. Thousands of beers for every taste and thousands of pizzas for every taste. Go to their site to see what they have so you know what to expect. I will go in June to compare if the price isn't a gouge. Enjoy. Portillo's is another story. Working construction I ate out everyday. About 20 years ago we were working across the street from Portillo's & ate there often for weeks. Finally everyone got Pissed because the beef sandwiches were gravy sandwiches. Where's the beef? The big schooner of beer was nothing more than a fake bottom huge mug with little beer. Where's the beer? When they became popular the prices escalated & quality downhill. From a small great hotdog stand to a billion $ company. Small great now large corporate, I won't go back. We are gouged by them here. I can't imagine what it will cost in Vegas? Not me. I have enough small great beef & hot dog joints. Merry Xmas.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uh-oh, now I have a dilemma. Hubby ADORES thick crust pizza and/or stuffed. I was going to surprise him with a trip to Trevi for their lasagna pizza, but of Giordano or Trevi's lasagna pizza, which would you recommend?

13. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Given the choice, Trevi, mainly 'cuz I can get Giordanos anytime I am in Chicago, but there's only one Trevi. :)

14. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks DMR!!!! YOU Chicagoans know your pies, so if you give Trevi a thumbs up, that's huge. Knowing us, we'll probably hit both. :feedme: thanks again!

15. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just FYI, /me does not live in Chicago but travels there frequently. :)

16. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's more than I do! Plus, look at VMB-ers, we don't live in Vegas, but many on this site still know Vegas inside and out, or close! :rolleyes:

The feedback was great, and I still bet we try both!

17. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Prices are pretty comparable to Chicago. Definitely not gouging like White Castle. My husband and sister have both been on separate occasions; it's the real deal. I've only reheated leftovers and it was quite good. I still need to get over there and try it fresh from the oven.

18. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live very close to the new Giordanos, but haven't been to it yet. I went to the Uptown location a couple of summers ago. Pizza was good, but I've never had it in Chicago, so I can't comment on how it compares to the real thing.

Off topic: In the Twin Cities, Tommy Chicago's is my go-to place for deep dish.

19. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  20. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.