1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Delta & Alaska Air to terminate partnership

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by SH0CK, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The carriers have confirmed on Monday what many thought had become inevitable. Delta and Alaska airlines will officially terminate their frequent-flier and codeshare partnerships at the end of April.

In announcing the end of its tie-up with Delta, Alaska Air also touted several upgrades to its frequent-flier program, already one of the most flexible among U.S. airlines.

In that announcement, Alaska Air reminded customers that -- starting Monday (Dec. 19) -- they can now earn Alaska Air mileage for flights on merger partner Virgin America and vice versa. Alaska Air closed on its acquisition of California-based Virgin America just last week in a deal that will make Alaska Air one of the dominant carriers on the West Coast.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/flights/todayinthesky/2016/12/19/frenemies-no-more-delta-alaska-air-terminate-partnership/95605050/

2. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another airline marriage on the rocks!
    I heard Delta gets to keep the house in Atlanta. Alaska Air gets the cabin.

RICHARD

3. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. abraxis

abraxis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel like an Alaska-virgin marriage is better for my personal interests than an alaska-delta marriage, so I'm glad about this

5. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With the new lower distance based redemption chart, its a definite win for me. I see trips to Reno in my future again, and possibly Palm Springs. Las Vegas flights are still usually cheaper just to purchase.

6. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used Virgin America for the first time because they started to go to Maui and not only was it the cheapest in the package but it was a nice flight. I've stopped flying anything Boeing as Airbus is so much nicer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.