1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

For any Springsteen fans out there.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jerseyguy2, Dec 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw in the Asbury Parlk paper a story told by a woman who had rented a house to Bruce and the EStreet band years ago. They wrote Born To Run there and left a piano in the living room. Years later she ran into Clarence Cllemons who asked her if she still owned the house and if the piano was still there. Seems they signed and dated the signatures under the lid of the piano. She rushed over to find out the current tennant threw it out on the curb along with some other junk. Next morning the piano was the only thing missing.

2. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 2
  3. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hammie... even Dylan kept his political "preaching" to his song lyrics... rarely, if ever, from the stage.
    Sure wish Bruce had the same philosophy.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have celebs who come from both sides of the political spectrum wasnt my inttention here the one thing I will say is that I've never been to a Springsteen or hardly any other rock concert.. Does Bruces political views bring in his fans? I cant picture Ted Nugent filling Met Life Stadium 4 nights in a row .

5. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You got me there JG, that's quite an achievement and it will be quite awhile for someone to top that.

I guess I am old school and prefer the times when celebrities did their thing and stayed away from politics. I remember seeing one of those Elvis biographies, the interviewer asked for his opinion on a political topic. Elvis just demurred and replied "I'm just an entertainer, I don't have an opinion on that". I guess I like the old Bruce.

But to the original topic, I would love to know where that piano is.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  6. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen Bruce twice. Once in Toronto during the Born In The USA Tour where he played 3 hours and 20 minutes and I barely sat down. Second time in Vancouver, where the we got free drinks prior to the concert at Shark Club from a bartender who showed us a lot of love.

For me Springsteen is my generation's Dylan. I have been fortunate to see both artists.

Who has redefined the concert experience more that The Boss. Given his openness with his struggles with depression and a fractured family dynamic, can anyone compete with his lyrics, his performance on stage, and his ability to convey a message?

As for his politics.....in a time when the world is ripe with change does his words not resonate?

7. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dude puts on a helluva show...no two ways about it. Saw him about 10ish years ago in DC and he was great.

But yeah, the cat doesn't understand the meaning of the word 'subtle' when it comes to expressing his politics. After every goddamn song...yeah, Boss, we get it...you like/don't like ______. :rolleyes2:

Just play Rosalita and let me rock out, man! :headbang:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. tribegiant

tribegiant Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But his politics should come as no surprise. I have friends who make the same complaint. I tell them that "Factory" wasn't about the plight of the owner and that was 40 years ago!

9. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly. I've been a fan since before "Born To Run" and I've known (and endorsed!) his political stances the whole while. Some people don't get it until you yell.

10. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Boss understands the plight of the working class, I admire him for standing up for his cause.

I hope his new book is underneath my Christmas tree, it should be a fun read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.