1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pics from Vegas

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Coaster Kikky, Dec 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I forgot to pack my camera (probably didn't have room for it with everything else I overpacked) so all I got were cellphone pictures, but here goes:

We got a tremendous deal at Caesars for a room in the Palace Tower - Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights free, Sunday night at $120. You know & I know how little sense it makes to pay for only Sunday night, but we weren't arguing! We checked in at the airport (minimal line) but the room wasn't ready so we had to wait in line again Thursday afternoon at Caesars. The desk clerk called her boss to ask "why is this room blinking on my monitor??" and we didn't get the room which was assigned to us at the airport. I laughed and told her "we'll be happy to take something in the Augustus Tower if Palace Tower is unavailable". She said she couldn't do that, but the room we were getting in Palace Tower had been redecorated to be like the rooms in Augustus - more modern/art deco-y in shades of green, gray and pale yellow. AND... it was a petite suite! Score!

The room:
    [​IMG]

The shower (it's not a mirror - there are two doors and two shower heads): [​IMG]

The "roman" tub [​IMG]

The view of Bellagio: [​IMG]

The view of the pool [​IMG]

2. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More pics

I went Downtown and got to the Plaza and took the opportunity to shake hands with Tim the bartender (Don D's friend). He had many kind words to say about the T2V'ers he has met over the past few months. Here he is:
    [​IMG]

Downtown was all set up for the Rodeo, with a couple of bull riding machines in action, several bars (yes, these had alcohol!) and this spectacle... I don't know what to call it: [​IMG]

I also took time this trip to see the pretty Christmas decorations at Bellagio:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And... I just couldn't resist goosing Michealangelo's David at Caesars... [​IMG]

3. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw several things in Vegas that reminded me of my T2V buddies...

This one's for Larry (a Jagermeister dispenser at Aladdin) [​IMG]

Jessica at Carnaval Court asked where my partner in crime from the past three visits was (the sign says "where's Jer?")... I told her there is a good chance she'll see him this coming weekend! [​IMG]

I was shopping at ABC store at Desert Passage and saw these and said "this has Ron's name ALL over it!!" [​IMG]

And these mini bottles of Patron are too small to even get one Terry-sized serving out of (and I can't wait to see Keno's picture of me taking the picture...) [​IMG]

4. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some other random oddities I saw...

Someone at Carnaval Court having a drink poured directly down his throat for one full minute: [​IMG]

The spiral escalators at the Forum Shops look like DNA don't they?
    [​IMG]

The Eiffel Tower looks so cool at night - and I just liked this angle: [​IMG]

Finally... the world's tiniest bottle of Tabasco sauce - perfect for the dollhouse! [​IMG]

5. blackjack

blackjack Monkey!!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the pics Becky. I got the monkey pic you sent to my cell also - thanks. :thumbsup:

6. LadyOSins

LadyOSins Tourist

Too cool Kikky, thanks! I'm soooo psyched. This time tomorrow I'll be on a plane!

7. Cyndi

Cyndi Tourist

Becky,

Thanks for the pictures. You are great at keeping the Vegas enthusiasm alive here!!!

8. Jack21

Jack21 Guest

Thanks for the pics....got any of T2Vers??

9. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not this trip J/E... Jokerjake's wife had her camera and got one of all of us (her, Jokerjake, Keno and his wife, me, Vegas Tonya and Vegasdrea) at Shadow Bar at Caesars.

It was too cold to hang outside at Carnaval Court this trip. They do have heaters but they don't help much when the wind is blowing. One heater was broken too. I felt so sorry for the girl who ended up in that location - although they do rotate to different tables so no one is stuck in one place for too long.

Yes, the girls at Carnaval Court remembered me - and asked where Jer was... to be honest we did tip nicely but they weren't coloring up hundreds of dollars this time. I did see them color up over $75 for about an hour. Keno & I were talking about the July trip and the dealer we had at that time wasn't believing it. We said "ask Jessica or Danielle". I think she believed us when both girls were leaving they came over and gave me a hug.

10. DaveP

DaveP VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How was Shadow Bar? Worth a visit? That's on my list of places to go.

11. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on what you want out of it Dave. The girls dancing in the shadows ranged from hot to ho-hum. The drinks were pretty good and averaged between $8-9. The bartenders did the flair juggling of the bottles. The music was current hits (like Pussycat Dolls "Doncha" and Rianna's "Hey Mr DJ"). Both evenings I was there, the women were up dancing and a whole lot of guys were just standing around drinking and talking to each other - not really checking out the women (either the paid dancers or those of us just having fun). I don't *think* it's a gay bar, but there sure wasn't a lot of interaction going on.

12. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Wow, some of those photos are pretty darn good considering you were using your cellphone, especially the one of the Eiffel Tower.

Did you pinch the other side of David for me? :wink2:

13. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, but I didn't take a picture! :evillaugh

14. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's one more oddity I saw this past weekend. This is scary!
    [​IMG]

15. theking0075

theking0075 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Those pics brought back sweet memories of my own Caesar's Palace Excursions! :beer:

16. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing I enjoyed them.

The room at Caesars looks real nice. I didn't know the Palace Tower had been redecorated. We missed an opportunity to stay there for $60/night - damn, promo sold out too quickly. Now, I'm bummed...

At some point I came upon the tiny tobasco bottles... I thought it was the cutest darn thing.

17. Perry Spring

Perry Spring Tourist

Very nice pics, thanks for sharing 'em...

18. sin

sin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, how come your phone pics are better this time than they were for S&M?

Methinks someone was not drunk enough during her Vegas Vacation!:confused:

19. IllMarty

IllMarty Orangutan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well at least you got ONE picture of the lovely and talented Jessica. :thumbsup: Nice pics, Becky. Christmas trees and poinsettas look cool.

Marty

20. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh there's alcohol in Robitussin!! Sigh.... :cry:

But yeah, I was able to hold my hand just a tad bit steadier than I was able to do in September. For *some* odd reason!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.