1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone else have issues with Cosmo check in

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Candydave, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Everyone, Was just wondering if anyone else has issues with Cosmo check in. We have been in Vegas since Thanksgiving and so far have stayed at Paris, Signature (Fav so far), Delano, Palms Place, Caesars, Cosmo, and now MGM. I book all our reservations at least 3 months in advance and always specify exactly what kind of room we would like and what Towers we like, etc. Absolutely no problems at any property except Cosmo. Here was my experience. I did not even try and check in until 2:45 in the afternoon and had requested a Terrace Studio in the West Tower. I was told that the room wasn't ready yet and they would text me when it was ready. Okay. So 45 minutes later they text that my room in the East Tower was ready and it's not even the room type I want. Grabbed our luggage to check out the room and of course our room key did not work, so I go back down to the front desk and asked again about getting a room in the West Tower and was told they did not have any room available in the West Tower. The room we got was nice, but I think if you make a reservation that far in advance and specify what you want, they should try and accommodate you. This seems to happen every time we stay there. I love everything else about the property but this always kind of puts a damper on our enjoyment there. They are also the only property so far that hasn't had a room available by 3:00. I know they want you to pay the extra $ for early check in, but there should be no problem getting a room by 3:00. The other issue we had was that we checked in on Tuesday and I had $75.00 Freeplay. I went Wednesday morning to load the Freeplay, but was told they had scheduled maintenance on the system and they weren't able to load it. We decided to go to a different property to gamble until they got it sorted out, which was late afternoon.

These probably seem like minor issues, but it's a recurring thing for us. Probably just bad timing on our part.

2. DJ Ran

DJ Ran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course we all know that room types are not guaranteed. Everyone who checks into the Cosmo seems to have a specific room request and there's no way they can please everyone. If you're lucky enough to have a host, you're much more likely to get the room you asked for. My host always makes sure the front desk knows when I'm arriving and my room is always ready even if it's a 9:00 am.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last trip in November -
    3 out of 5 properties I was unable to access Freeplay.

2 other properties - system down.
    Unable to access account - play not being tracked.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is the answer. Not much more to it than that. I think it happens more at Cosmo because they have so many different types of rooms.

5. ebbinns

ebbinns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Next time try checking in earlier and saying you will wait until the room you want will be available.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with @ebbinns - when possible, try checking in earlier so if your room preference isn't available you have a better chance of more inventory and getting what you want as rooms are made available.

We have stayed at Cosmo 4 times now, always in West Tower at our request (host set up reservations) and one time, similar to what happened to OP, was told our West Tower fountain view would be about 30 minute wait as room just needed sign off, 2 hours later we get a text (after 3pm), and go to check-in and room is in East Tower and One bedroom type, umm, no. This particular person was very nice but kind of flaky - oh let me see, here's one, oops that's....found one you will love, oops that's.... after about 5 minutes of this, another staff person noticed and offered to help. Two minutes later we were on our way to our studio, fountain view, West Tower. high floor...sometimes things do work out.

7. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess it's not just us this happens to. I was starting to think we were hust jinxed here. It's just ironic that this is the only place we have issues with. I have tried checking in earlier in the past to no avail so don't usually bother anymore. Unfortunately, we don't gamble enough there to have a host, since we are just single line quarter Video Poker. I guess I should try checking in earlier next time, if we decide to go back.

8. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you had a bit of a comedy of errors, my check in experiences at Cosmo have never been an issue. Agree with others that online check in (if available) in the morning or stopping by the check in desk early to get in the queue for your preferred room is a good way to go. You can generally skip the cattle line at 3pm that way too.

I always feel that, guaranteed room type or not, if I paid for a + room and it's not available for whatever reason, you as a resort better take care of me with an upgrade or an equal or better room at a sister resort (obviously not an option for Cosmo).

9. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To me, room type at Cosmo really isn't that important. Especially between Terrace Studio and Terrace One Bedroom. I actually prefer the East Tower, but lately, they normally put me in the West Tower. Either way, it doesn't matter to me.

I do have a host, am Platinum, and check in at VIP. We normally arrive early (between 8-9am) and they always pre-check us in, give us keys, and then text or call with the room number.

10. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for the responses. We were under the impression that if you tried to check in early, they would charge you the early check in fee. We will try to get our name in the que early next time and see what happens.

11. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have never paid a fee to check in early and have always received terrace studio fountainview (with one exception) or upgrade. Now Caesars properties I have zero luck. I have not received the room I booked the last 4 stays. Caesars is dead to me unless I have no other option.

• Like Like x 1
  12. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

Generally do not have a problem with Cosmo check-in. Usually checking in early (before 1pm) and end up with terrace one bedroom in East Tower. I've stay there so many times and never had a bad room, so as long as its high up, with a terrace, and away from the club, I'll accept whatever they have available.

In Sept., however, had an issue because I came with a friend and we had reserved a 2 queen beds terrace studio. They have very limited 2 beds terrace studios available and initially I was told they didn't have any available for the 2 nights of my stay. I insisted they check again or that I see a supervisor, and low and behold they found one in the West Tower. I think if the room type is that important to you and you've reserved it, you should follow up on it.

I need all the luck I can get!
  13. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best check in of my life at the Cosmo!

We had a Wraparound fountain view booked for just 1 night.

Walked right up to check in around 3pm. No line or wait. Not a member of identity, no $20 trick.Just played it cool. I asked for the highest floor possible in the west tower. All he asked was "is the 59th floor too high?". We were in the wraparound fountain view, just 2 stories down from the top.

Pointless fact, the terrace ceilings are a few feet taller on floors 59 and up.
    My wife and I joke how we'll never get that high at the Cosmo again!.:)

On the other hand I had a Loft suite booked a Vdara, also for 1 night. They made me wait.. after an hour they offered me a penthouse but I refused because the Loft is 2 stories tall and that's what we wanted/booked! I had to wait ANOTHER hour for the loft. I expressed my dissatisfaction and ended up with a $150 resort credit and we were checked in before 6pm. The 2+ hr wait and possibly accepting a different room sucks but the extra $150 they kicked me smoothed it over.

@thread starter.. sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. You should have been given the exact room type you booked. As for the tower, floor or view, that is never really guaranteed.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  14. NJS24

NJS24 Voice of Reason

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please stop complain, and go eat a sammich.

15. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

I agree that if you book a room, you should pretty much be guaranteed it, especially if you pay early. This isn't an airline where they have the luxury of overbooking because people miss their flights / don't make their flights. If I don't get the Ultra Hip Room at pHO in April, I'm going to a minimum demand for a resort credit -- especially given how much more pricey that room option is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.