1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Redeeming MyVegas

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by BMILNE11, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMILNE11

BMILNE11 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    quick question about MyVegas ...

Heading to LV end of Feb and assume by then i'll have enough LP to get a few free drinks at the bar, appetizers, and maybe some buffets. All small level stuff. How do I redeem this stuff? Do I print it off at home and show a coupon at each location? Or do I have to go to a MLife desk at the hotel (staying at MGM) and get them there?

Help is much appreciated.

2. vegasvette

vegasvette High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's easy. You'll print the rewards when you "buy" them. Take the reward to the mlife desk at the location the reward is to be used, on the day it will be used. The reward will be loaded onto your mlife card at the mlife desk. It's all automatic then.

3. michele14

michele14 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you play on your phone, you can just show them the rewards in your "wallet" and they can do it from there. When we redeemed at Luxor, when they went into their screen, they could see which rewards I had. I was told as long as all your information matches, (facebbook, mlife), they can see what you have purchased.

4. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can print them off if you want, use the app or the email to show them the code at the Mlife desk. At the Mirage last year we couldn't get on their wifi and the nice people at the Mlife desk just looked us up in the system and found the reward.

5. BMILNE11

BMILNE11 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    awesome... thanks everyone

6. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is already in the system. We have never shown anything. But it is a good idea to have a copy or on phone just in case. There are a few non MGM that require a copy

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yall

Yall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So looking at the responses, it seems as though I can claim a reward the day I intend to use it? I.E. we show up at MGM unexpectedly and we're able to claim some reward on the spot (provided of course it doesn't require a stay)? Because that would be sweet.

8. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can... but the selection of rewards is very limited while in Vegas. You're best off (assuming you have enough LP) to buy a couple of spare rewards and then return them after your trip.

9. Yall

Yall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Limited while in Vegas? Are they using my location to determine what's available when I'm claiming the reward through the Facebook and/or mobile app, or am I misunderstanding? Did you perhaps mean if I tried to claim the reward at the desk rather than using the app?

10. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You need to purchase BEFORE Vegas. As said. once there it is very limited. Easy to return what you don't use. Most people buy extra not knowing what they will use. It is also against TOS to disable GPS while there. Plus, why waste time trying for rewards when there. The good ones are hard enough to get as it is.

11. Yall

Yall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK - that's what I was asking; Are they determining my location when I claim a reward, and it sounds like they are.

If that's the case, I can have my wife (who is staying home) simply log onto my workstation and claim the reward via Facebook. As far as they would be aware, I'm not in Vegas.

They still email the code once you the code, right?

12. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    reward goes into your app wallet or facebook reward page. No email needed except for a few such as wax museum and some wolfgang. But you are making it harder than it should be. Many of the good rewards are hard to get and take time to get them when they refresh. Some take weeks of diligence to get. It is so easy to just return what you don't use, up to 5 per 30 days. And you can purchase them up to 90 days in advance. Except rooms and shows, which can be booked anytime on calendar

13. Yall

Yall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Appreciate the insight for sure don't get me wrong, but in our case, we're staying downtown, and our time on the strip may be limited. In all likelihood, if I claim anything it would be an app or drink reward at some M-Life property. For my particular set of circumstances snagging something in advance doesn't work as I'm just as likely to end up at Circus Circus as I am Mandalay Bay (okay, possibly an exaggeration ;) ), but probably not both and I'm not letting the tail wag the dog and determine where/when we go. I'd much rather play it by ear. If we end up at a particular place, I can have the Mrs. just check what's available, and if it's something we wanna do, I'll have her grab it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.