1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question about the Deuce bus

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by JewishGambler, Dec 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JewishGambler

JewishGambler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not really a public transit kind of guy. I feel kind of naked without a car. I'm headed to Vegas in January and have reserved a rental car. This is my 3rd trip to Vegas. Staying at Bally's. Anyway, my question is does the Deuce bus have signage inside when it stops at each stop? Does it announce which stop it's at?

I feel funny not having a car wherever I am but eventually I want to try Vegas without a car. I want to try the Deuce this trip.

2. CALELLA

CALELLA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it does announce each stop when you are approaching so hard to miss your stop really.

3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's the bus I'm thinking of, you have to buy tickets from a little machine on the sidewalk. if you buy round trip, you get multiple tickets.

4. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SDX is better if there is a stop near you (express). bus is $8 -24 hours $20 for 3 days.

5. JewishGambler

JewishGambler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds good, thank you. With these new parking fees, I might switch to not renting a car in the future. However, I do like going off strip sometimes. Is there any idea when Bally's parking fees will go into effect? I heard early 2017 which isn't too specific.

6. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is the website for the Deuce and SDX bus routes that a fellow VBM'er shared here long ago.

www.rtcsnv.com/transit/routes-maps-schedules

Click on Deuce or SDX and it brings up a map with all of the stops northbound and southbound for the strip and downtown for both the Deuce and SDX - very helpful in determining which is the best stop for you (because SDX is express, it does not stop at all of the places as Deuce so take note before jumping on). Once you buy your ticket, you can ride either. It's a bargain at $8.00 for 24 hours. We have enjoyed using the bus to downtown and back and there was a visual route you could follow on the bus plus announcements of upcoming stops so easy to use.

7. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, the RTC website has a mobile version that you can use t show you when the next bus will be and where the stop is compared to where you are.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. kevin853

kevin853 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Deuce is pretty good I have found. There are maps on the screen inside showing the next stops but also on the Tannoy it is pretty clear.

Was quite worried first time I tried it but as soon as you are on and get familiar it is fine.

Great way of moving up and down the Strip. No worries whatsoever.

Funny story. Our limo didn't turn up for our wedding so we went up to The Chapel on The Deuce Bus. Laughed all the way even though it wasn't as we planned.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would recommend using express buses whenever possible. Strip buses like the deuce often get bogged down by Strip traffic and numerous riders loading and unloading. Google maps has a setting for buses which will allow you to use local buses like a native pro. Unless you want to go to Hoover Dam or you are perpetually sober I can give you fourteen reasons why you don't want a rental car in Vegas. Number seven will shock you!

• Like Like x 1
  10. duffer1991

duffer1991 Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used the Deuce and other buses in the past. If you are staying on the Strip, I agree that it is a no brainer.

As I mentioned in other posts, however, now that I stay downtown and on Boulder Highway, I love having my own car. It is merely a convenience thing and of course since I regularly travel alone, I like the independence and to be able to go anywhere at any time. I have not been impacted by the parking fees since I don't hit the Strip anymore. The closest I came was at the Cromwell (I miss the Barbary Coast so so so much!), but it was still free. I guess they will charge too now that CET is going for it.

Once you get on the bus for the first time, just ask the driver what to do. Don't be nervous, they are used to visitors who don't ride buses. I also found talking to other passengers easy. People are very friendly if you are friendly too. I hope you have a great time and a lucky trip :)

11. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely agree with talking to the other riders. I often take the straight shot city bus from New York New York to the Orleans. The local buses don't have the tech that the Strip buses have and I often have a problem ringing for the right stop. Ask a rider and no problem; don't ask and I end up at McMullan's Pub!

12. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    correct . and its very easy to use just jump on and off all day and nite

13. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    locals are free till end of december , so it sounds like early 2017
    my guess is ass soon as the can build the gates and implement the machines and system

14. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you do get on the SDX (express) you need to have purchased your ticket before boarding (there is a machine in front of Paris). And the driver is behind plexiglass, so there is no asking him/her questions on that bus. But there are usually prerecorded announcements of next stops. I try and help other passengers who seem confused re getting on/off.

15. JewishGambler

JewishGambler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the help everyone . This board is so helpful. I downloaded the RTC app on my phone, looks like I don't have to mess or find one of those ticket machines. I love the fact that I can buy a pass on my phone. $20 for three days seems like a bargain .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.