1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Restaurant Recommendations request

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by TexasTechFan, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TexasTechFan

TexasTechFan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all. I would like to get some restaurant recommendations for my brother. He is a regional sales manager for Abbott Laboratories and they are having a national meeting at Green Valley Ranch in Feb. He has asked me to recommend some restaurants to take his sales team too while they are there. In his words he is looking for something nice, unique & fun. Price is probably a very small concern if any, and the location does not matter. Now I am pretty much a meat & potatoes kind of eater and not very adventurous, he on the other hand is the type that will try anything once. Any input is greatly appreciated.

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you looking for places at or near GVR? Or does location not matter?

3. VolleyBall

VolleyBall 7* & MLife Plat

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The majority of nicer restaurants will offer "meat and potatoes". If price is of no concern perhaps try somewhere with Japanese A5 Waygu beef at Aria, SLS or the Wynn (those are the only CERTIFIED places on the strip).

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're in the Green Valley area I might suggest Elephant Bar, in The District, Lucille's (BBQ, also in The District) or Ventano's (Italian) at Arroyo Grande and Horizon Ridge.

5. Tony Y

Tony Y Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sinatras at Wynncore ..Best Veal Parm I've ever had

6. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cut (steak Resturant) inside the Palazzo probably one of best steak house vegas has.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Green Valley Ranch Resort, I would head to Hank's Fine Steaks for martinis and steak. Bottiglia Cucina and Enoteca, an upscale Italian restaurant, recently opened and the reviews to date have been positive. Off the property, but still in Henderson are a couple of good options including Carla Pellegrino's Bratalian. For something a little different, but approachable, he might want to give Standard & Pour a look. The restaurant, offering small plates, is situated high on a hill with a nice view of the Las Vegas skyline. Todd's Unique is very good with a menu that changes with the season including fresh fish flown in on weekends. I am not sure of the size of your brother's group, but Bratalian and Todd's are relatively small restaurants so have your brother call ahead to inquire and make a reservation. For an upscale breakfast or lunch, I recommend both Kitchen Table and CRAFTKitchen. The former has one long table suitable for about 10-14 while the latter has a small enclosed room suitable for a similar sized group. One restaurant I highly recommend should they care to travel away from Henderson and try something different is Chada Street which offers the street food of Thailand in an inviting environment. In addition to serving unique food, the wine program is excellent. The restaurant is large and includes a small private dining room.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  8. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they are looking for an experience, recommend sitting on the patio at Lago. Good food and lots of fountain shows close to the tables

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  9. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How big is the team?

11. TexasTechFan

TexasTechFan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to everyone for all of the great suggestions. I am passing them all on to my brother. His team will be 8-10 at the most. He has been to Vegas numerous times but mostly just he and his wife so he has done some of the typical dinners for a couple like Hugo's Cellar and he loves Vic & Anthony's. I typically go solo so I eat at the bar a lot and do not have a lot of suggestions so keep them coming.

12. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    He's probably had plenty of great steakhouses, so if the party is ok with spicy authentic Chinese food, they should try Chengdu Taste. The toothpick beef/lamb, twice cooked pork, dan dan noodles, wonton with red chili oil, and boiling beef in hot sauce are all good, but the party may crap fire the next day. I've eaten at the one in Southern California, and I can vouch for the tastiness of their food.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.