1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dining suggestions for my not so foodie group

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Michelle, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My niece and friend will be with me, they are both 21. Not much into foodie places, however, I am a Las Vegas dining snob. Other than burger joints (my niece doesn't eat meat), does anyone have any suggestions? So I'm looking for someplace not too expensive, no big chain restaurants - PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory, etc. Thanks!

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why not one of the buffets? Something for everyone. There are less expensive buffets all around LV. I have eaten at:

Silver Sevens
    Golden Nugget
    Luxor
    Paradise Buffet @ Fremont

Reasonable prices, decent food, good selection.

P.F. Chang's . . .definitely not one of my favorites, but there's on in PH or on Rampart Commons if you have a car.

3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might suggest one of the independent Italian places such as Trevi or Bootlegger.

• Like Like x 1
  4. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe the café at Ellis Island? Wide variety of choices and very affordable. The EI BBQ offers chicken that is very good as well.

Going there from the Cosmopolitan will also show your niece how the other half ( I include myself) lives.

5. Drewby2b

Drewby2b Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Herbs and Rye. It's off strip but good steaks and a creative selection of craft cocktails

6. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think these situations are good for a mid-top end buffet. Some of the buffets are more expensive, but they usually have a wider variety of food. You can make a reservation at the buffet at Paris and avoid the lines, or use your TR card if you qualify. They usually have stuff for foodies, vegans, and people who want "normal food". :haha:

7. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love these suggestions! I thought as well about a buffet! Not really my normal fare, however, if I saw it correctly Wicked Spoon is only $38 per person which is a great deal IMHO. I'm used to $65 for the steak, $18 for the side, $12 for the salad and $60 for the wine! I also will heavily consider the off the strip Italian places, we will be renting a car.
    Thanks so much!

8. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo has a lot of options.

1) If you have a Cosmo Identity Card you can get a two for one coupon for Wicked Spoon at the Players club desk on the same day as you plan to use it if you are Sterling status or above. New card members can earn a 2 for 1 or one free (not sure which) fairly quickly as well. Breakfast/Lunch on weekdays is even less.

2) to satisfy your 'snob' and 'no foodie' options at one place at Cosmo:
    Estiatorio Milos on the Eastside level 3 has a price fixe lunch - $29 per person includes salad or appetizer, entree, dessert - great food and very stylish. The salmon and other fish options are excellently prepared - I love the tomato cucumber salad minus the onions.

3) China Poblano Eastside Level 2 also is a good option - vegetarian as well as meat choices.
    Individual small plates or share.

Hope y'all have great fun!!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  9. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Le Thai is worth the uber downtown

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.