1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

No Show - Comp Stay

Discussion in 'Comps' started by SFO_Flyer, Dec 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SFO_Flyer

SFO_Flyer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering if I will be charged anything for a no show on a comp stay. This is for a stay at the PH.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  2. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why would you do that?

3. SFO_Flyer

SFO_Flyer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, due to some work commitments, I might not be able to go. I was just wondering if there was any penalties for a no show.

4. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would just cancel?

5. SFO_Flyer

SFO_Flyer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I can assume there is no penalties for canceling after the 72 hour cancellation period?

6. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't the 72 hour cancellation before you are supposed to arrive? Not 72 hours after booking. If stay is next week you are outside that 72 hours.

7. SFO_Flyer

SFO_Flyer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok. Well, for argument sake, lets say I have a comped room for tomorrow. Would I be charged a fee for a no show or canceling it?

8. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What does your reservation say in the fine print?

9. SFO_Flyer

SFO_Flyer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DEPOSITS AND CREDIT CARDS A Credit Card is required for incidentals deposit, to be authorized at check-in. Deposit amount will vary based on length of stay and will be released if no charges are made to the room (timing of release varies). Cash deposits are also accepted; some restrictions apply.

CANCELLATION POLICY A 72-hour cancellation notice is required prior to your arrival date to receive a refund of your deposit except non-refundable, non-transferable reservations as noted in the package disclaimer. If you cancel within 72-hours, including reservations made within 3 days of your arrival, you will be charged the 1st night's room rate and tax. For Total Rewards customers, this amount will be deducted from your Total Rewards account. Declined or invalid credit card numbers may result in cancellation of booking without prior notice. Personal checks will be accepted for pre-payment of reservation balance only if received at least 30 days prior to arrival date. Checks will not be accepted if received less than 30 days prior to arrival. Cancellations within 3 days of arrival are subject to the forfeit of one nights’ deposit.

TOTAL REWARDS OFFERS To redeem a Total Rewards hotel offer the primary Total Rewards customer on the account must be present at check-in with valid photo ID and Total Rewards card that match the name on the hotel reservation. Should a companion arrive prior to the individual with the hotel reservation, the companion will not be able to check-in but will have the option to book a separate reservation until the arrival of the primary Total Rewards customer. Upon the arrival of the individual with the original reservation, they will be added to the new reservation and honor the original rates booked. RATES Internet rates are not valid with, during, or in conjunction with other Discount programs, including corporate group and junket programs. All rates are subject to 12% tax and tourism Fee. A daily resort fee of $32.00 (subject to applicable tax) will be added to your reservation upon check-in. The resort fee includes the following services: Enhanced Wi-Fi for two devices per day, daily access to the fitness room for 2, and local calls. Resort Fees not assessed for Diamond and Seven Stars guests. Prior to confirmation, all rates are subject to change without notice and based upon limited availability.

10. jon_vegas

jon_vegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call as soon as you can. I've cancelled before with less than 72 hours and I didn't get charged, especially if it's during busy season. I wouldn't cancel online but make sure you talk to someone - if you're a diamond or better, there should be no problem waiving the 1st night charge for a cancellation. Better to cancel than a no show - since a no show automatically would charge your CC for the first night (what they would have charged someone else for the room) even if it was comp'd for you.

11. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. I wouldn't take the risk.

12. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let us know how it ends up.

13. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The lawyer in me says it doesn't say what would happen if you didn't cancel so therefore is unclear and nothing should happen. But I wouldn't try and take CET to court to fight over that. Also you would mess up future comps with a no-show no play. Worst on the cancellation looks like one night charge but they probably won't. As stated above, talk to someone instead of doing it online and make sure.

14. SFO_Flyer

SFO_Flyer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will do.

15. SFO_Flyer

SFO_Flyer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!

16. SFO_Flyer

SFO_Flyer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I will be sure to call in if I do end up not going.

17. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just call the hotel, ive cancelled a CET room the day I was set to check in, no charges

18. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, people who pay a deposit would lose it. For a comp room not really sure if they would deduct TR credits, charge the card or do nothing.

If it were me in that situation (with no host) I would call reservations and ask. And the general line I would be giving would be that I would be rebooking at a later date ... unless they charged me for this one.

19. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just cancel. Since it's a comp, I'm assuming you are a good customer and they won't charge you.

20. subafrk

subafrk Longing to be sipping a Scotch at the Cromwell...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done it quite a few times on the day of check in and have never had an issue. Granted, they've always been comped rooms without a deposit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.