1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SWA mobile app problem (?)

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by tfcoach72, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tfcoach72

tfcoach72 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if anyone else has had this happen. I checked in today for flight to LAS tomorrow. Checked in fine, printed out boarding pass, something I very seldom do these days.

I then went to mobile app just to check it out and noticed the app says "check in at airport" tomorrow. I called SWA and they say all is good. They do see me checked in.

I have been using mobile app for awhile, but will have "hard copy" pass tomorrow just in case. I hope this is just a bug in the system.

Just a getaway! On the Gulf Coast—
  2. tfcoach72

tfcoach72 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting answer from SWA----says if 2 people are on same reservation, then mobile boarding pass might not work---only solo reservations. ??? Never seen this before, but that maybe the case. I just started using the app and most trips have been individual reservations. Interesting!!!!

3. ExVegasLocal

ExVegasLocal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does your printed boarding pass have a boarding position on it?

Once I forgot to check in until the last minute. My boarding pass stated "check in at airport" or "check in at gate"...something to that effect. It's because all the boarding positions had been given out. They gave me a new boarding pass with a "high C" boarding position at the gate. I then paid the $40 fee to upgrade to boarding position A1-A15 because I didn't want to board last. Lesson learned.

4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have boarded from iPad with same reservation for two people. When viewing the boarding pass the second one is a page down from the first by scrolling.
    Not sure if you can load the passes on ur phone when done as this as we always print out to avert delay with technology.

5. tfcoach72

tfcoach72 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ex asked, "Does your printed boarding pass have a boarding position on it?"

Yes, A23-24 boarding position. Printed and ready to go---just shocked that I can't used app instead of paper boarding pass.
    Just prefer using app. All is good. Just kinda miffed here.

Vegas tomorrow---all is right with the world.

6. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same thing happened to us on our last Vegas visit in November. Both on one reservation, neither of us could view a boarding pass on our phone. The message was similar to yours. Check in at the airport. The phone app did give us our boarding positions.

We just printed our pass at the airport.

7. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    have boarding pass text to your phone.

8. DJ Ran

DJ Ran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here, wife and I were on the same reservation back in September, we were able to check in but unable to get the boarding pass sent to our phones with the app.

9. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We almost missed a flight in Seattle due to huge lines from cruise passengers. We were still in security when boarding started. Ran to the plane, C group was about to board (we were A), my wife is having an asthma attack from the run, and her phone won't download the boarding pass. I am paper always now, at home or airport kiosk. Cellphones are not yet a proven technology.

10. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of the time having your boarding pass on your phone is fine......... until it Isn't.

I missed a connection once, and long story short having the paper boarding pass saved my rear.

Ever since I Always take that extra 30 secs at the Kiosk and Print my boarding pass,
    even when I have it on my phone.

Plus, that way I can put my phone in my carryon, and keep the Paper printed BP in my hand
    when going thru the scanner, or metal detector at Security. Easier!!!

So PRINT whenever poss. Cuz when you Need it, you Got it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.