1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Downtown Future growth

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by bubbakitty, Nov 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    last trip we went walking and viewed the train cars on Main Street once again and then actually noted the area behind acquired by D.S. From Boyd. We agreed it certainly was not be best use for hotel space due to noise observed from Plaza and MSS over nighters. More probably a parking structure of some sort(?).
    In circling the block which included LVC and its tower / parking structure it was further observed how difficult removal of the existing structures will be. As an aside, going back from Fremont Street to California we saw a truck pull into the LVC garage with a sign on the door reflecting "Rock sawing" and the word removal or something with 2 or 3 men inside the cab. Hopefully someone is looking at the dismantling process.

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the speculated plan is to remove just one of the towers and build on to the top of the other.

3. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read the same thing, on Vegasbright I think. They're talking about imploding one of the towers. That'll be a nice show. :) I might have to book a trip for when that's planned.

4. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Imploding anything Downtown would certainly be interesting considering the close proximity of everything.

5. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, keep us posted on that implosion date. I am usually downtown 4X a year.

6. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If implosion is the way they go could you get a room at the rr end of the building and safely watch from there? I see lots of sight line problems with the surrounding buildings and the fact you wouldn't be able to get close (physically) anyway. I am more intrigued by this than strip implosions for these logistical problems.
    Yes, please keep us informed if a date / process is announced.

7. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah, I'm not sure how they would do that since downtown is so cramped. But, it would be a site to see. :)

8. bostonvegas

bostonvegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The lot that's between Plaza and MSS (where the MSS train cars currently sit) was been sold to Derek Stevens, who owns the entire Las Vegas Club/Glitter Gulch/Mermaids block. The latest plan is to demolish most of LVC/GG/Mermaids and create one big resort, and create a parking structure of some kind on that lot between Plaza & MSS.

There's a good article on KNPR that touches on it all, including how they "cleaned up" the LVC property in advance of demolitions, and how they waited to draw up any solid plans until the acquisition of the Granite Gaming properties was a done deal. It also mentions 2019/2020 as a tentative opening date for the new project, but as we all know, these things tend to take longer than planned!

http://knpr.org/desert-companion/2016-11/d-man

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ddechenne

ddechenne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Very nice article, thanks for the link!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.