1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What Was Your Worst Subject In High School?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Breeze147, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WDMJB

WDMJB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Math for me. Any Math..... And now I'm an accountant!
    :whistle:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bond

Bond Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't really have any bad subjects in HS. I didn't really enjoy English Lit though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chief Ski

Chief Ski Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Attendance .

Never could get that subject down.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sexual Education.

I'm still not sure where my three kids came from!

RICHARD

5. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, Physical Education was the worst of my regular school subjects in high school.
    In college it was one of my best subjects. Badminton 101 rocked!

RICHARD

6. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PE, with spelling a close second.

7. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty much all of them. On the bright side, I think I was the only person in the bottom third of my high school class to earn a Master's and a law degree.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    James sounds like Sis went to Neptune,Catholic HS in that area ? Maybe Christian Bros.?

9. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is funny but for me it was History.
    What a waste. Who needs history?
    Fast forward many many years and guess what. I love history.
    What the History Channel all the time. History is now my favorite subject of all time and just can't get enough of it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    History tells us why we are here, and if we truly pay attention tells us -- or warns us -- where we are likely to end up.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    American History and Biology were the two subjects in which I got perfect grades.

I never got a single question wrong in either subject the whole year.

12. idtwins

idtwins Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chemistry..followed very closely by Physics. Somehow ended up with an Astronomy degree but I live in Oregon west of Cascades so that tells you how much I am using that.

13. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me, I hated anything science...earth science, physics, biology, etc. A huge struggle for me, which I blame the terrible elementary schools I attended that did nothing whatsoever to prepare me for those classes. I actually did like math because we had a stern, no-nonsense math teacher that threw chalkboard erasers at you, but made you learn.
    As bad as high school classes were for me, I eventually went to college later in life, receiving my bachelors degree and graduated with honors. Yay me!!!!

14. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    English, by far and away. I had two teachers, a fop, and a feminist. Neither appealed to my teenage self and whilst I can't remember the books we read/ analysed with the fop, the feminist made us verbally repeat lines from Milton's Paradise Lost, one line each, starting each class. In fairness, I can't appreciate literature the way they wanted. I read for pleasure, but all these terms like protagonist and what have you mean nothing to me.

Anyways, last term of my last year in High School and those humps fail me. Bad attitude? Skipping the class to play poker in the lunch room? I hid the report card from my parents, who didn't normally have anything to worry about. No problem, but this is the first cohort where the International Baccalaureate is offered in my school. My teachers advise me to withdraw from the program and not write the final exams, but after some questions, I find they feel it will be to the benefit of the school, and no consideration is given to me. So, screw 'em, I'll write the exam.

I'll never know what happened. In the end, I got my International Baccalaureate diploma, with a middle of the pack score in English. The school provided some portion of my grade, so did they pad my performance for the good of the program, or did the fact that my 17-year-old self had read the complete works of Shakespeare and most of Dickens give me the ammo I needed to lull the test scorers to sleep, and mediocrity? I hope the latter was fact, and those instructors choked a bit, reading my work.

Maybe they have the last laugh- Grammarly has me pegged for 10 advanced issues in this rant thus far. No ill will, would that my teachers are in the happy realms of light.

• Like Like x 1
  15. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PE. The only reason I got a decent grade was because we had written tests. :eek:

16. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, this got me thinking waaaayyyyy back. There were really very few SUBJECTS that I disliked, but more like certain classes and teachers that I did not really care for.

My senior year I was accepted in what you would now call a math/science magnet, and it was painfully obvious that the faculty who taught things like arts and humanities at such a school would rather be teaching elsewhere.

For freshman biology I had a lady who taught a lecture course rather than sticking to the textbook and her sermons were more effective than Rohypnol! :( I remember to this day counting the minutes left! :(

If I had to name a least-favorite class it had to be PE. I was very active and didn't have any issues with the course, but dressing out in the middle of the day was just a pain and the locker room was cold and dressing out in such a crowd was awkward under the best of circumstances, even for those who weren't very shy.

17. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If parallel lines, corresponding parts to congruent triangles are congruent.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Biology. Failed first semester twice. The first time it was a mandatory class for sophomores, but that's when I discovered my love of PBR (it was less than $2 per 6-pack back then).

Before my junior year, we moved to a different school district and I was directed to re-take biology. I could just never understand it. Meosis, Mitosis... I understood it, sort of, but I just didn't care. And why dissect a worm? We were told to look for organs and only saw sand and dirt.

Even though I didn't complete a full year of biology, I talked my way into chemistry my senior year (to get that second science credit) and aced it..

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  19. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just like Breeze, it was Trigonometry. I got a D- every single quarter, for 4 quarters of my senior year.

Hell, the teacher even advised me to quit the course in my first quarter. I was that bad.

Funny thing is, when I got approved for Electrician apprentice, we had to submit our H.S. math courses to prove we had Algebra and Trig. I was so embarrassed to submit my scores because I sucked at math. I never got higher than a C in Algebra.

Gotta admit even though I sucked at math and trig it helped when I went through the school part of apprenticeship.

20. RHT27045

RHT27045 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Closest I ever came to a 4.0 in High School was my Blood/Alcohol content :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.