1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Have you ever booked a package through allegiant and not used the hotel?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by 1LuckyMomma, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just found a package on allegiant that will save me almost $100 on our tickets. We already have free rooms at Harrah's and the Orleans so I don't need another room. Has anyone ever just used the flights and not checked into the hotel that's included in the package?

2. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you get to the page that says "Select Hotel', just click continue at the bottom of the page without selecting anything. It will then take you to rental cars, do the same. You can keep hitting continue on each page you want to skip without selecting the offers.

3. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know how it works with allegiant but I've done it several times on JetBlue
    Before I did it the first time I talked to reservations and they told me to go for it

4. CaliMike

CaliMike “My home away from home”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the op wants the package because it is cheaper, but just doesn't want to stay there.

5. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems strange that the package with hotel and flight would be cheaper than just the flight, but interesting. Maybe just watch that the hotel doesn't charge you a no show rate and that there isn't any resort fee that you would also get nailed on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. jdk

jdk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that I've read all the fine print, it does say "In the case of hotel-itinerary cancellations, the air-hotel promotion savings will be forfeited." I've never read the reports on Allegiant but we've flown with them many times with no issues. I guess we're just lucky! :wave:

8. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess you could check in, mess up the bed, drop a turd in the toilet(forget to flush), and everything will be hunky dory?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In years gone by, we've had deals with both America West and Southwest where the round trip air for two with hotel included was cheaper than the air alone booked separately. We did this for the old LV Hilton and the Plaza.

10. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

I've done an Allegiant package and only used the hotel for part of my stay. It doesn't have to be for the whole time to qualify.

11. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would book through them, and NOT use the airline!

12. mcaulay777

mcaulay777 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I Second That I would never Use Allegiant. Here in Des Moines Allegiant has no partners so they have just one flight a day and during the winter just once a week.So if that flight gets canceled due to Maint,or whatever you are screwed.You have to wait till the next day and most likely that flight is sold out.Now that Southwest is here Allegiant went bye bye.I did have a flight cancel on me and delayed 6 hours once so one trip cost me 800 bucks because after flight got canceled I reserved a later flight in Omaha Nebraska later that day and flew out there.Hate Allegiant.

13. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Allegiant Air had another plane return to Las Vegas today, after "navigation issues".

14. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never used the hotel/show/transport options on Allegiant. You just skip them, and you're fine.
    I know a lot of people have had issues with Allegiant. But, in the 5 or so years I've been using them, I've only been delayed 3 times, none were because of the plane. And, that's using them about 4+ times a year to Vegas. Do have to mention that they've recently got rid of the MD-80's for the Austin to Vegas run. They have the newer 757-200's now.

15. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last time I flew Allegiant I remember it was TRICKY to book the flight and not have that sneaky up-sell of the hotel shuttle thrown in! IIRC the trick to removing it was not obvious.

I have not flown with them lately, as they pulled totally out of LNK and do not serve LAS out of OMA.

We did try them once out of GRI (~120 mile drive) but the savings over Southwest did not justify the hassle of that long of a drive.

In all fairness to Allegiant, I never had any issues, but our company TAs did warn us of the reputation they had in the travel community, such as pulling out of a market at very short notice (it happened in a few years at LNK), very slow refunds, and leaving customers high and dry in case of a cancellation.

16. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Luckily I've never had to cancel with them in the past. I know people have had issues in the past. I guess I've just been lucky.

As for not getting the hotel/show/car, there's a link at the very bottom of the page. It's kinda small, but if you know what you're looking for it's easy to find.

17. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  18. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Their website can't even be accessed from outside of US, such a narrow vision! They might seem to be catering towards US residents, but what if a US citizen is working abroad as an expat?

Also, some of their routes might be interesting for tourists as well, such as Las Vegas - Fresno.

19. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My guess is that it's from an information security standpoint. One of my clients has a web site which for some reason appears to be a magnet for wannabe-hackers. They monitor it closely and very few of the people who are dorking around with the site, trying to break in to something, are Stateside.

20. nfcwestbest

nfcwestbest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've booked a buy a Allegiant flight and a room get a free flight deal before. I didn't go to the hotel and saved money with no consequences.

No resort with LVA coupon
    Everyone's a Winner Contest Freebie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.