1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Room Upgrade from MLife Tier at MLife resorts

Discussion in 'Comps' started by BlknGldSEA, Nov 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlknGldSEA

BlknGldSEA Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone ever gotten an upgrade from being MLife Gold or higher at MGM, Signature, Mirage, Monte Carlo, etc?

It is cited as a benefit on the MLife site: "Room Upgrades (view, corner or suite subject to availability)" For Gold, Platinum and Noir.

Are these upgrades common? Can you sweeten the deal by doing the $20 trick in addition?

I'd love to hear some personal experiences.

2. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on availability. A strip view upgrade is the most common.

Don't count on getting upgraded. Most of the time I get the kind of room that I have reserved, and nothing more (I do usually check in pretty early though).

3. ChickenBone Jones

ChickenBone Jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always get a strip view upgrade at MGM, I request and get end of hall, high floor, aria view at Monte Carlo, at Aria I got jack shit.

4. BlknGldSEA

BlknGldSEA Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am wondering if I book a "run of the house room" for the lowest rate if I can pretty much bank on being able to request a room with 2 queens instead of 1 king as a minimum. an upgrade beyond that would be awesome, but I just wasn't sure how often this tends to work out.

5. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went from a grand king to an executive suite once but it's just a larger room and it was on the 4th floor with no view.

6. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was Gold and checking in at NYNY it was a matter of going from a Park Ave to a Madison Ave. Don't expect to score the Penthouse Suite or anything. Both times when I checked in while Gold it was automatic, they just said "and your free upgrade is...", I didn't really think to request a specific room. Still a nice perk though for a low-roller like me.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do not expect it. I remember being Plat and not having a suite booked. Upgrade was maybe a better view one time and nothing another. As my play increased, I was able to ge a suite via an upfront comp. Chances of any significant upgrade is very slim from what I can tell.

If you really want a room with 2 queens, do NOT book a lower level and hope for the best. If they are out of 2 bed rooms, or getting low on inventory, you are not going to get one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jENBEAU

jENBEAU VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got a strip-view upgrade at Aria because I was gold. Pretty good considering I was being comped a few nights and discount rated on the others.

9. sometimeslucky

sometimeslucky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been upgraded from a Pyramid Suite to a Tower Suite at Luxor a couple of times. The first time I just asked and received a Tower Suite with no view. The second I time I did the $20 trick and received a Tower Suite with a view.

10. Fuddrucker

Fuddrucker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Monte Carlo if you have a deluxe room they will first upgrade you to a Monaco Suite if available. If not you get a strip view. One time I was upgraded to a Diamond Suite by asking if it was possible and was willing to pay the difference from the Monaco Suite. They gave me the Diamond Suite for free ONLY because it was the week between Christmas and New Years and they said that is the slowst week of the year and if it was any other time I would not have been upgraded to the Diamond Suite. I only asked and did not try the $20 trick or slip them anything before asking.

11. BlknGldSEA

BlknGldSEA Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is all great feedback. Thanks everyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.