1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Penn & Teller - Is front row the spot to be?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by JRRestoule, Nov 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those of you who have been to the show...I'm looking at picking up a couple tickets and front row centre is an option... what do you think? Any advice would be appreciated in regards to best seat location and how the show is in general. Thanks!

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have a large stage with good sightlines, and do have video screens for anything close up. Even when they do volunteers I haven't found that they go just to the close rows. Penn and Teller also meet and greet and do photos for audience in the hall after the show, so it you are just looking to see them close up, you will anyway.

So I imagine front row would be fine, but if they cost way more, probably not worth it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw the show from close to center from the first row of the middle section and it was fine.Only reason I would want to be closer is to see the goldfish trick..
    Its a good show.Have a great trip JR !

• Like Like x 1
  4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    tooo close . 8th to 10th row center best seats

• Like Like x 1
  5. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just saw their show last Monday. Closer the better but don't feel the need to pay extra for front row tix.

I bought discounted tix from Tix4Tonight and was in the balcony. Balcony is too far from the stage for their show, I just read they're going to install more video screens in the back for this reason.

They're out quick after the show and do selfies so have your camera ready! No outside drinks allowed inside the theatre. If you arrive early enough, you can walk on stage and check out some of their props. Could take a picture there while on stage too.

I don't like the tix4tonight process where you buy a voucher and then still have to go to the box office and exchange it for actual tickets. Seems like it's a waste of a few hours. But if you still want a discount and can hold off on buying now, virtually every Vegas tourist magazine (the ones you find in hotel rooms or in the airport) will have an ad for 30% off. Look for the one that says Vegas in diagonal on the cover at airports. Depending on the hotel you stay at, they may not run ads at say MGM hotels. Still have to buy tix at the box office...cant remember if you can phone in with a discount code. If you're dead set on front row tix, I'd buy now though. No time wasted in vegas that way but there are lots of discounts out there simply because of how many seats the theatre holds.

Also, the doors open 45 minutes prior to the show with a jazz band playing. The piano player plays the music during the show and he's introduced several times. I missed the band since I was drinking my 2 drinks outside the theatre but apparently Penn is the guitar player! (It may be Teller...I didn't see any of it).

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Penn is playing the bass.

7. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info everyone! The price difference is only $10 between the first row and the whole lower section behind it. The price drops in the balcony, but that seems to be a little far from the stage according to DBear. I was wondering if it would have been like the Cirque shows where you don't want to be too close because you miss everything. It seems as though that's not the case.
    I was debating between the first row of the balcony or the front row...looks like front row is winning this battle...
    Thanks for all the other tips as well...we'll try to get there early and look forward to meeting them after the show!

8. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We sat maybe 14 row aisle on the right nearest the warm up jazz combo. Best seats? I wouldn't think so but we had good angles and good auditory reception.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One more question... regarding the meet & greet after the show... is it a rush thing or is it more relaxed? In addition to taking a picture with the duo I'm thinking of bringing a book to be signed be Penn, do you think this is possible?

10. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was center row 15 and could see just great!.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think getting an autograph would be fine. It is not a huge rush, but a lot of the guests do stop for a selfie with one or both or to hear Teller talk. So you won't be lingering with either for super long, but its not a huge press that will just shove you out of the way either.

And obviously it will depend how packed the theatre is. Going on a non friday/saturday might buy you some more time.

• Like Like x 1
  12. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not rushed but super crowed and if your not out close to 1st, you will wait awhile. They are very nice out there with the guests.

• Like Like x 1
  13. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info, I'm planning on going on a Monday, so shouldn't be too packed I'm assuming.

14. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll try to get out quick to save some time, thanks for the tip! I heard they are nice...figure they would be by voluntarily doing something that most other performers either won't do or would charge for :)

15. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Is there usually tickets still for the day of the show from Tix4Tonight? Or any of the discounted codes, since I will be staying at CET property, maybe I can use a discount code the day of?

I just don't wanna run the risk of it selling out before I try to get tickets.

16. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    way to close, about 8th row center is perfect

17. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they have discount tickets, but pretty sure they are for balcony seats. I would sit closer. I went last Monday and ended up buying front row centre seats and I thought they were great! I would say anywhere in the first 10 rows or so would be great seats.

18. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a big theatre, so I don't think it sells out, quickly anyways without using discounters. I'm not a fan of tix4tonight simply because of the voucher exchange system. You spend an hour or two just getting tickets. I'd almost rather spend more just to have the ticket in advance. Having said that, I'm always looking for a discount too. I think I saw penn and teller tickets on Travelzoo. It's been a while since I used that site so can't remember their process. I'm a big fan of smartervegas since you get discounts directly thru the box office (buying direct) but they don't have penn and teller on their site.

19. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not too close. It's not like they perform right at the edge of the stage. You see fine from the first row. That said, there is nothing to be gained either by being in the first row. Anywhere in the first 10 rows is about the same IMHO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.