1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

airport to Orleans very late at night

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by dbook, Nov 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbook

dbook Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Everyone!
    I was wondering if the group shuttles at the airport go as far as the Orleans? I'm getting into the airport just after 10pm on a weekday. I don't have a smart phone --so no uber.

2. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure about the shuttles, but you can take the 108 or 109 north to Tropicana and the 201 west to the Orleans. Buses run all night every half hour or so.

3. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take a taxi. It's about $20 and a whole lot faster. We always arrive around midnight.

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An airport shuttle shouldn't be a problem to get you to the Orleans that late at night. They will typically group hotels close together into one shuttle if they can, so you may make a few stops before getting there.

Personally, I'd probably just take a cab.

5. duffer1991

duffer1991 Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might be nervous to try to bus; I was too. It is actually very convenient and safe and cheap.

About a year ago I took the bus that goes down Paradise to downtown at midnight .... To say the least, it goes through some sketchy areas but I was safe and it was nice to save $30+.

You might give the bus a try like aaisack mentioned. You also might go to baggage claim and ask out loud if anyone wants to split a cab to the Orleans. Sometimes people will jump at the chance to split the cost. When I was there in September, I heard a young couple talking about the bus and since I was renting a car, I offered them a ride. They kicked in $10 which was a nice benefit. Win-win situation.

The shuttles will go to the Orleans. At least a few years ago, they would hit the hotels at the Strip and Flamingo, then go to the Gold Coast, and then on to the Orleans. If you get lucky, they might hit the Orleans first.

6. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Showtime shuttle is what I have taken when heading to Orleans and solo. They dint wait for a full load to leave. When with someone it is just as cheap to take a taxi as it is like 9.25$ per.

7. dbook

dbook Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone!! I have used the buses -- Wax to NYNY then the 201 to Orleans -- during daylight. My flight is not landing until after 10pm. I don't feel like waiting on the buses out in the dark and cold. I will try to find someone to share a cab or I'll take a shuttle. Thanks again!!!

8. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just took a cab from the airport to Orleans on Sunday morning. It was $19 and change + tip. Make sure you tell them Paradise to Tropicana.

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since when is 10 o'clock considered Very Late At Night?
    My Spirit flight from MSP normally doesn't get into Vegas until after Midnight and I don't consider that to be Very Late At Night.
    Take the Bus, it's very Safe and easy

10. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly!
    In Vegas, 10pm is as safe as 3pm.
    I saw many interesting characters at Vegas bus stops (Strip, Downtown, off-Strip), all happened between 2am - 8am., and most violent scenes I saw were in the morning, I guess before those folks back to sleep.

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    take lyft . go out front of airport take trop straight to hotel

12. imheids

imheids Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would pay about $30 for a taxi one way, but that was getting long-hauled, you can try telling the taxi driver that tunnels make you vomit, to stop the long-haul. I have done a limo, about $100 round trip, but it saves so much time. The Bell Trans shuttle is about $20 roundtrip also , but it takes lots of time with all the stops, and you also spend time waiting for riders to fill the bus at the airport. It's hard to decide which is more important...Vegas time or Vegas money!

13. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uber or lyft with the sign up bonus would be my choice.

14. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

The problem with a bus that late is the transfer. The buses don't run as much and you may find yourself waiting on a street corner for a substantial time, besides waiting for the airport bus.

15. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this is stupid, with lyft and uber being so cheap ,especialy with there discounts, nobody should be taking busses or shultles.

16. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OP said no smart phone.

17. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suggest avoiding the 108 to Tropicana late at night, as that stop is horribly isolated with nothing around. I've gone by it many times and always thought I wouldn't want to stand around there in the daytime even without luggage and certainly not after dark. If you have to take the bus, use the 109.

Depending on arrival time, the better bet would be the WAX, with last departures at 10:16 and 11:16, It will get you to the much safer NYNY stop (same as the 201) rather quickly. Just buy a 2-hour pass when boarding..

18. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    then stay home.

19. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    trop at is nite fine , crack and hookers are your friend its a major street

i cant belive people are coming to vegas staying in hotels and taking buses to them in this day off age.
    cab shuttle lyft hitch hike

20. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So let me get this straight? Anyone without a smart phone who does not want to pay for a cab but has the time/patience to take the bus should not come to Vegas?

That's like, your opinion man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.