1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Moving from Paris to Aria

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by vegasqc, Nov 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In gonna be checking out of Paris mid trip to move to Aria.

I'm gonna have one of those big rolling luggage piece.

Can i make it walking( i have walked a lot more than that with no luggage) or should i just bite the bullet and go by cab.

I really hate dealing with cab drivers and dont wanna be taken for a ride so any special directions i could give the driver?

Walking is the best way from Paris to PH then cross strip to get into Cosmo, then Crystal to Aria?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Walking anywhere in City Center I consider dangerous. I always end up running out of sidewalk and jumping obstacles just to make it into the parking garage. There may be an interior route from Planet Ho across the sky bridge to Cosmo through the mall and onto the tram, but I'd seriously consider just take a cab.

3. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You would not enter the Cosmo actually.
    You would walk down the sidewalk from Paris to PH and take the escalator which probably isn't working at the PBR Rock Bar up to the bridge and cross the street bridge towards Cosmo.
    On the other side you turn left and go along the walkway and enter Crystals. You are crossing Harmon on a bridge.
    It's short walk through Crystals
    At the other end you have to go out a door, turn right and in another door and you are at the Aria front desk, it's not as confusing as it sounds,
    If you are staying at Aria and heading out to the strip you will be doing this walk alot.

The other way I could think would be to cross into the Bellagio and take the Tram to the Aria/Monte Carlo Station but I have to think that walk through the Bellagio to the Tram Station is way longer.

[​IMG]

4. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I knew there would be a way but I would have to ask a lot en route. Could a cabbie charge more than ten bucks for this ride? I'd still try cab or uber.

5. BarelyHangingOn

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is a view from my room last year. I highlighted the bridges. Pretty easy walking.

[​IMG]

6. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BarelyHangingOn's suggestion about going through Bellagio is what I was thinking. Take the escalators closer to the Cosmo and use the moving walkways. I would even consider skipping the tram, and just cutting through Vdara and walking to Aria, you'll enter closer to the check-in desk vs. the tram dropping you off at the far side of Aria.

Lyft/Uber would probably cost $5-7 (estimate from Ride.guru) plus tip.

Really comes down to how you value your time. It would probably take 20ish minutes walking.

7. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BarelyHangingOn nailed the response on all fronts. Unless you are dealing with some sort of mobility restriction, it should be no problem to walk from Paris to Aria per the directions above.

A cab driver may stab you in the neck when you get into the car at Paris and tell him you are just going to Aria.

8. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey we are doing the same thing on this next trip but just the opposite of you. Staying at Aria first for 4 nights and Paris our last night. I've walked it before with no problem.

Sema Show
  9. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One day, maybe, they will replace those broke down escalators outside of PH

10. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally agree with this
    Just walk to PH, take the pedestrian bridge, walk through Crystals, and you're there. I'm female, wear heels, and don't like hoofing it huge distances outside (especially when the crowds are more.....adventurous/ecclectic/pushy), but this is definitely a walkable commute.

I think the cab would be a MUCH bigger pain in the butt, but that's my two cents. Good luck! :D

11. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the info/replies , i have walked this quite a few times on past trips i was just wondering if it could be done with one of those big ass luggage piece

I guess it can so ill be trying it, time isnt really an issue as check out at paris is 11 and check in at Aria is 3 pm

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Along with the skywalks, you could also cross from Pho to Cosmo at street level, then up one level in Cosmo and outside then into Crystals.

I would not do the Bellagio route. If the escallator up from the street is broken, the sidewalk to front entrance is uphill. Then a fairly long walk through Bellagio to the back, etc.

Paris-PH-Cosmo (either street, or skywalk) then Crystals is the way to go. Not a bad walk. We tend to drag suitcases vs messing with Cabs for transfers.

13. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry Vega, I meant to add that yes, I think it's fine with a huge suitecase, as long as you have rollers. If you dont, then no, but with rollers, should be no problem.

• Like Like x 1
  14. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was my original plan poing through Cosmo as i would be sure the elevator would work there compare to the escalators leading to the skywalk which are 50/50 . at best

Thanks

15. BarelyHangingOn

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where do you cross at street level at the Bellagio Fountains? I guess I didn't realize you could cross there at street level. That would make more sense then.

16. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where do you cross at street level at the Bellagio Fountains?
    At the south end of the fountains there is a light. I don't like it, as it doesn't give you much time to cross and there is traffic EVERYWHERE. But I take the bus alot, and it's a quick way from the bus stop across to Paris and PHo.

17. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just walk across the street

18. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The street crossing is actually in front of PH and on the very edge of Bellagio towards Cosmo.

See this picture

Maps.Google.Com is great for this stuff.

19. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I once wheeled a huge suitcase from Planet Ho to the Venetian. Hardest part was trying to get through tourist on the sidewalk.

Sema Show
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.