1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Which MGM / Mlife Buffet is best other than the Aria? Bellagio or Mirage?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by ru2on, Nov 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ru2on

ru2on Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Currently staying at The Cosmopolitan, probably going to try the Wicked Spoon on Thanksgiving. Have already eaten at The Aria Buffet and have MyVegas points to redeem considering The Mirage or the Bellagio ? Noticed a few less than great reviews on the Buffets

2. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are both solid. Not as good as wicked spoon, in my opinion, but not far behind the Aria, if at all.

3. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio is considered better. But Mirage has beer and wine with meals. Desserts at Mirage were lacking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio is better than Mirage, IMO. But Schemer is right, both will pale compared to wicked spoon

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd go with Bellagio too. The shu mai was good at Mirage, but the rest was kinda meh, even with booze. I'd only go with Mirage if you like gaming there and just want to pop in to the buffet for convenience.

Ladies getaway, somewhere on the strip with a pool :)
  6. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me, the order is Bellagio, Mirage and then Aria.

Out of the 3 MGM Properties...Bellagio was best in quality, quantity and variety.

Mirage was decent. I'd say above average. Goose Island Beer and low tier red/white table wine
    Go if it's free!

I was not impressed with Aria's buffet EXCEPT for the stone crab claws, split snow crab legs and a decent variety of clam and mussels.
    The clam chowder was good, the Mango Pumpkin Kale salad was good.
    The Dim Sum was horrific....so were the Chicken Feet. (Sat too long and lukewarm - the texture was ruined)
    The waitress was the deal killer for me. She was horrid. It wasn't just lack of service it was also a really crappy attitude.
    *Helpful Hint* the waitress is supposed to supply the Seafood Cracker Tools....Luckily the Seating Hostess was nice.

Wicked Spoon is good, but Bacchanal was better...but since they aren't MGM, I'll stick with Bellagio as #1 out of the three choices given.

7. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me, Bellagio, Aria, and then Mirage.

I don't drink alcohol, so please take that into consideration.

8. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had the Aria Breakfast / Lunch a few times and to me it's the better of the buffets I have had in Vegas, I like the quality of food and the unique offerings. Especially the breakfast.

I have had the Mirage Breakfast and Dinner a few times as well. It's standard buffet food. Not bad but not great. I would say it's a standard buffet. Every time I have been there they have a Tex Mex type thing going which I enjoy. Two selling points for me is the free beer and that you can get your own beverages. I hate having to order refills on drinks. I like as less interaction with people as possible so being able to grab your own juice or pop is a plus without having to deal with a middle man.

I am going back to the Mirage and Aria on my upcoming trip via MyVegas as well as using some Social Pts towards the buffet at Caesars.

9. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1 - bellagio. 2 - aria. Mirage isn't on the radar.

10. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I rate Mirage higher because I like being able to get my own drinks.
    I don't like having to wait or flag anyone down for a beverage.
    I didn't like the beer (eww Goose Island, blechhh) or wine but some might.

11. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria and Bellagiis are both decent, but I didn't go crazy over either. Good, solid decent food, but no "when Harry met Sally moment." We do eat an Aria buffet every time, and Bellagio is also solid, it just isn't super memorable for us.

Conversely, Wicked Spoon IS someplace we do backflips over. It a staple we look forward to every trip, it's stellar (if you're a little more adventurous on food.)

I would suggest mlife buffets FIRST, then wicked spoon, as starting with Wicked Spoon sets the bar higher!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  12. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree

13. ru2on

ru2on Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone, we ended up at The Bellagio , I would probably rate it slightly than The Aria which we had yesterday. Just seemed to have more of what I like stir fried veg, pasta assortment ect, but I'm not into seafood so can't comment on that. The desserts I also rate slightly higher than The Aria...and our waiter was great and went out of his way to get me a cuppachino, which they wouldn't get for me at the Aria even if I paid .

14. xjjx

xjjx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bacchanal is #1 hands down. Wicked Spoon and Aria a close second

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.