1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

When can I start using diamond benefits after DIAD?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by cubs86, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubs86

cubs86 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am planning on doing DIAD at CET this December. If I achieve 5k TC (to get 10k bonus), can I start using diamond benefits (lounges, show tickets, waived resort fees) right away? Or do I have to wait for the bonus to post on the total rewards website a few days later? Ideally I would like to use the benefits at least a few days of my trip, and defiantly try and get resort fees for all nights waived. Anyone have experience/suggestions with this?

Thanks!

2. DJ Ran

DJ Ran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once you hit that TC mark, go to the total rewards counter and they will issue you a Diamond card.

3. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I watched the slot screen when I knew I was getting close to Diamond one trip at CP. When it was clear that I had passed the minimum, I went to the TR counter and got a new card, a shiny new Diamond one, and started using it immediately.

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
  4. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct, but after the day he only has 5,000 tc's, it can take 24 - 48 hours for the bonus to post to your account. I would reach out to total rewards and ask them that question specifically for the property you intend to do this at to see what their policy is.

Remember also that the "day" doesn't end at midnight, For instance in Vegas, the day ends at 6:30 am. I usually get the email for the bonus that afternoon, or the next day, and that next day the points are credited to my account online.

5. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right, but you were not using the bonus TC's to achieve your diamond status. In the op's situation, he is only going to earn 5,000 from actual play, the other 10,000 are coming from a bonus. The meter on the machine in this case will not go from 5,000 -> 15,000, the 10,000 bonus points will be credited in 24-48 hours from earning them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, the resort fee's may or may not be waived. Technically, you pay or don't pay based on your tier status when you check in, not what you earn while on your trip. having said that, a host can and probably will waive them based on your level of play.

7. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good point.

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
  8. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you won't technically be diamond until the bonus TCs hit your account, most likely the following day.

However, if you have the TR desk review your play, they may give you a Diamond card when they see that you are just waiting on the bonus. Maybe if a supervisor approves it or something. Worth a try anyways...

9. buffalo

buffalo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had a similar situation last month at Ballys, had to wait for the 1000 TC bonus to post for Diamond. Was checking TR account online, posted about 10am Vegas time. Don't forget the gambling day goes from 6 am to 6 am in Vegas at CET props.

10. cubs86

cubs86 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great, thanks for the info everyone

11. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    5000 TC in a day is not an easy task to achieve. Even if you make it you may lose more than the equivalent of the resort fees that you are trying to save. If your luck starts out bad you may lose a lot more trying to achieve it. Now if in you regular play you get close to 5000 then go for it.

*** obligatory don't play for comps response ****:soapbox:

12. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

With CET if you have charges to your room and the host takes off does this reduce your TCs. I know with MLife I would see my tier drop when the host took the charges off of my bill. Just thinking if you get to 5K and then they get reduced and you miss your bonus.

13. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET will use any available RC's (resort credits) to pay for charges to your room. TC's(Tier Credits) do not change when charges are taken off your bill. TC's are what determines your tier status. RC's are used to pay for things. When playing, you earn RC's and TC's. Both different.

14. thekid911

thekid911 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's the coin in amount for a tier credit on slots and VP?

15. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $5 coin in on slots earns 1 TC, $10 on VP.

Edit: Most full pay VP games at CET props require $25 coin in per TC, the quarter denom full pay machines at Cromwell require $50. Vpfree2.com is a good resource for this info, and it should be posted on the machine if a VP game requires more than $10 coin in per TC.

16. ashawnette

ashawnette Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    5000 tier credits is very difficult to make. You could have 2 (2,500) days and make it as well.

17. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think what he was talking about is at MLife properties, you get 25 tier credits per dollar spent on their properties. The tier credits post to your total by the next day. So if one has a lot of tier credits from money spent, but then that amount is comped at the end of the stay, then the tier credits for the amount spent would be taken away. With TR, if tier credits are earned from spend (are they?) then those tier credits will be taken off from the amount earned from the comped amount.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.