1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Uber ride based on driver rating?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Uranium 235, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uranium 235

Uranium 235 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This question is only loosely connected with the topic but I couldn't find a better one.

Novice question about Uber: when requesting a ride, how do you make a decision based on the driver's rating considering that you only ever find out after the ride is accepted? If you think they have too few stars, do you simply cancel the ride? If so, it seems a bit rude but perhaps c'est la vie.

Also, how do you know that you won't just get the same driver again if you wait 30 seconds before requesting the same ride (hoping for another driver)?

Thanks

2. jagdan61

jagdan61 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being an Uber Driver if there rating is that bad they will be deactivated off the platform. If you are nervous of their rating you can of course cancel the ride. I doubt in Vegas you would have to worry too much about getting the same driver again considering the amount of Uber drivers they have. I have never had a bad uber experience in Vegas. But I'm sure it happens.Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  3. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are that worried about a bad driver, then i bet you are twice as worried for a bad cab driver!

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or at least SHOULD be worried. Had way more bad cabbies than bad uber drivers.

5. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you dont and dont. if there ratings i think get below 4 star the get suspended or dropped. i beive if u cancel u pay 5$ fee.

and what does it matter your getting into a cab without any knowledge off the cab driver at all so atleast ubber or lyft u see a rating and, i never care or look for it. i havent a bad ride yet.just go with the flow.

6. Uranium 235

Uranium 235 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Folks, I'm not worried about Uber drivers for the reasons you've pointed out...especially after some 'wonderful' cab experiences!

I was just curious as to the purpose of driver ratings if riders were never able to act upon them but I guess Uber does that for us based on the feedback. Thanks.

7. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have 5 minutes to cancel with no charge. Drivers must maintain around 4.35+- rating to stay on road. if rating falls below level they must pay to go to "school" to be reinstated. Very few drivers will have a 5.0. Many riders think, even if perfect ride that a 4 is a good rating. It is not.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. jagdan61

jagdan61 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4.0 ratings kill us. Thanks

9. Dtyst1

Dtyst1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That rating system threshold seems crazy to me.
    5 out of 5, to me, means perfect, nothing could have been better. 3 should be average and acceptable, with 4s and 5s for work above and beyond.

I'm glad I know this now, as I would need to re-adjust my own person scale for how to rate a driver.

10. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a system designed by Millenials who always got a trophy, a gold star for turning in homework, and never kept score when playing a game at school. It sounds messed up. What happens when they run out of drivers?

• Like Like x 3
  11. jagdan61

jagdan61 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very good point. I received an email from the new CEO or I think he is the CEO he really never gave his real title. He said he has received much email concerning the Rating system and they will have have a statement soon on it.
    I agree, the system does not allow passengers to give an honest grade without completely destroying the driver. It's basically a screwed up system.

12. jagdan61

jagdan61 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Drivers thank you Sir. Drivers don't like this system but it's what we deal with.

13. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be doing Uber tomorrow and I will remember to give the driver a 5. I didn't realize the system was so sphincter tight!

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  14. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This explains a story in our local newspaper about an Uber driver who stopped at the police station to have an officer wake up the drunk woman in his back seat so he wouldn't risk any allegations of impropriety.

Hope she gave him 5 stars.

15. jagdan61

jagdan61 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats why I have a camera in my car running at all times. Go Pro is a good investment for Uber drivers.

16. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our last Lyft driver (GG to the airport) had a dual facing camera in his car. I thought that was very smart and made me feel good about that ride also.

17. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ive never not given a 5* . i guess im not anal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.