1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Crowds after Christmas but before New Year's

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by benny_binion, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benny_binion

benny_binion Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I have been to LV 1-3 times a year but it usually in March, Nov (over thanksgiving), or summertime. Typically, when we have gone over thanksgiving, Thursday-Saturday are crowded but Sunday-Monday are pretty dead.

We will be going Dec 27 (Tues) to Dec 30 (Fri).

I was wondering what to expect in terms of crowds? Downtown and on the strip?

Thx in advance.

2. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually go a few days before Christmas and it's really slow - no crowds and pretty quiet... I like it, it's a nice change of pace from the other trips I take during the year where it's more crazy. It think the couple of days after Christmas are also slow, then it picks up the closer you get to New Years. I always check the rates of a couple hotels, if they are low then it's a good indicator that it will be generally slower than normal

Vegas Trip #57
    Vegas Trip #58, Sammy Hagar
  3. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go to Vegas over Xmas every year. The 26th-27th are still mellow, but after that the bro-crowd starts filtering in - this year NYE's on a Saturday so I will be safely out of town by Wednesday the 28th. I personally want NOTHING to do with the NYE crowd. I've stayed as late as the 29th before and it was already getting sketchy. I decided to add an extra day to my trip that year and the only MGM room I could find anywhere (was loyal Mlife in those days) was at Excalibur at full rack rate, and they said it was literally their last room.

4. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went last year the 27th - 31st. We were out very early in the morning on the 31st. I would say the first couple days were very slow. The 30th you could tell things were picking up. We were able to do everything we wanted to do with no issues. You should be fine.

5. benny_binion

benny_binion Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Since the 30th is a Friday, we'll be checking out and driving back to SoCal. I'm hoping that staying tues-fri will mean avoiding the "bro" crowd.

6. Chief Ski

Chief Ski Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got married Christmas Eve 1977. Enjoy Vegas anniversaries. Less families and kids in general. Children are like farts, extremely proud of my own but don't wish to be exposed to others.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much for my morning chuckle. Love it!

As to quiet times - the comment about checking hotel rates is often a very good indicator of how many people are in town. Low rates means low bookings. Always amazed when looking at the monthly rate calendars as to how quiet or busy they are.

We went to Vegas on New Years Day one year and left the first day of the big CES convention. Perfect timing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is good timing. I think I nailed it next year too in March, going the 1st week of the month, before NASCAR, before March Madness, before St Patrick's. No big conventions. Should be nice and mellow.

9. xjjx

xjjx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I went last year as well and it didn't seem that hectic to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.