1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tips for a Vegas newbie about strip clubs

Discussion in 'Vegas After Dark' started by gproc, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gproc

gproc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hi all,

Just found this forum travelling to Las Vegas next week for 7 days travelling as a solo traveller to complete a bucket list destination. Looking at stip clubs to experience while I am in Vegas but unsure on which to go to, looking at the obvious clubs sapphire and spearmint rhino, do the clubs pick you up even if your traveling alone and which day would be best to go I land on the 23 Nov

Gproc

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both of those clubs will pick you up, even if you are solo. At SR you will then get free admission. At Sapphire, you will be charged up front for your first two drinks, but there is no other admission fee. You should be prepared to tip your driver, however. Neither will drive you back, though, unless you spend some money while you are there

I Need Spa
  3. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ps dont use your credit while if you expect a large surcharge or tip added

also drinks are 15-20$ just a heads up, strip clubs arent cheap
    lap dance is 20 $

vip is 100-150 for songs

rember there not your friends there to hustle u to get your money away from you.

i suggest rhino hottest chicks .

therei s no best day to go rember if its empty u will get bother for drinks and dances if its crowed u wont so u can watch and enjoy more, crowded nites and weekend mellow during days

4. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would also recommend Rhinos. They have the hottest chicks. Go early before the crowds though, it can get crowded after 9 pm most nights. As for which night to go, not sure about thanksgiving weekend. Usually there are more girls working on the weekends (Friday and Saturday nights) but it gets very busy too. You can try going the night of the 23rd, may not be as crowded. Unfortunately you are going at a time when many girls may be with their family or taking the week off so I'm not sure how busy or how many girls will be working that week/weekend.

5. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As has already been said:

1). No credit cards

2). I personally like it crowded better- you can move around and watch without being hit on constantly - me and a buddy went during happy hour one time and the hustle was really bad and nonstop. This is obviously personal preference

6. gproc

gproc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys think I will get there and see how it goes might go Saturday night not sure which club yet tho

7. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also -another vote for SR

8. Lil Lo

Lil Lo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    can someone elaborate on the no credit cards? what is the issue with using your card? i wouldnt use a card to pay for lapdances or anything like that, but when I've gone with groups (like for a bachelor party) and we get a table and bottle service someone will usually pay with a card. what is the downside to doing so?

9. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There have been a few high profile incidents of CC theft and scamming at these clubs (the thieves assume you will not contest the charges because of the nature of the club)

I Need Spa
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also they like to do a auto gratuity and sometimes a minimum with the card.also harder not to buy a girl a drink with a cc tab

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too many ways to rip you off with a card. And a record.

Use cash.

And, be very careful about using ATM

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  12. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never leave your drink unattended if you are solo. Got to use the bathroom?...take your drink with you. Last trip (last month) my buddy decided to hit Sapphire by himself and did not make it back to our room until 9 o'clock in the morning the next day. He could hardly stand up, his speech was so slurred that I could hardly understand what he was saying. Last thing he could remember was going into the VIP room with some stripper...everything after that was pretty much a blank. He couldn't even remember how he got back to the room. He was drugged (roofied), I am certain of that. He definitely was not drunk...I've seen him drunk...this was not it. His wallet was empty; missing $1300. Be also aware most of these clubs charge you a cover charge for admission...this can run around 40 to 50 bucks. However, they will send a limo, free of charge, to pick you up at your hotel and take you to the club...no cover charge...but be sure to tip the driver. You have to arrange your own transportation back to your hotel (cab). Be sure that you have some kind of official photo ID (your library card won't do). No ID, no admittance....period.

13. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Makikiboy knows strip clubs and in reference to the girls probably visiting family during the weeks before and after Thanksgiving. I'm a brothel patron and the weeks before and after Thanksgiving and Christmas are ghost towns at the brothels due to the girls going home during the holidays. Makikiboy nailed it with the strip clubs.

14. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OP so how did it go bro?

15. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ********************** is the best source for Vegas strip club info. Cover charges, drink/lap dance prices all change from time to time and Arnold does a good job of staying on top of things to give the most current info and reviews.

16. Lil Lo

Lil Lo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    man thats rough. I had what I believe to be a similar experience the last time I was at OG's (last January, before they closed). Thankfully I was in a large group (bachelor party) so nothing really bad happened. I'm a fairly heavy drinker (at least 2 glasses of whiskey a night, every night of the week) so I am very in tune with my own tolerance for alcohol. One particular friend I was with has a higher tolerance for booze than I do. As soon as we got seated at our table, a couple of vultures swarmed in. There were 2 in particular that were sitting with me and my other alcoholic friend. I didnt shoo them away and played nice for a bit while we got settled in. The bottles came to the table and the server started pouring vodka redbulls. I had 2 drinks and then everything got hazy. Worth noting that I wasnt monitoring my drink while it was on the table. I remember at some point asking another friend where alcoholic friend was, but I dont remember the reply I got. My next memory is of 2 of my friends physically carrying me outside where I laid down on the sidewalk while they went to retrieve the rest of the group. I dont know how I got back to the hotel or anything like that. My friends had to fill in the blanks for me the next morning. When I met up with alcoholic friend the next morning, he had a similar experience. Apparantly he got blackout "drunk" so a few guys in the group left the club before us to take him back to the hotel. Both of us had 2 mixed drinks. Normally 2 mixed drinks would barely register a head change or buzz for either of us. It just seemed too much of a coincidence that 2 of the heavy drinkers in the group who were talking ot the same girls both had the same weird reaction to alcohol. Thankfully the rest of our friends were there to take care of us and make sure we didnt get robbed.

17. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some guys "fall in love" way too easily in these places. A hot woman sitting on your lap, playing with your hair, little kisses. Yeah she "loves you" lol. She loves your wallet. It's a business. The Fantasy of her falling for you and being your girlfriend isn't going to happen. Spend all the money you want on lappers but don't let your expectations get out of whack. Nothing wrong with having one sit with you though. Some can be fun to talk to. I'm usually at a strip club with my girlfriend and that always attracts the ladies to sit with us but usually we want to watch the stage show rather than chat with anyone. But sometimes we do :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    theres also a cab trick . if u take a cab the can get u in free becuase clubs are paying so much kickbacks now.

just tell the cab driver to eith get u in free or u wont go in so he wont get his kickback or just ask usually they have no problem as clubs are paying upto 80$ per person now,

ive seen cabs offer to pick up people walking to clubs offering to get them in free,

pss if u walk there u can basicly demand to get in free, say i didnt take a cab so ur not paying a kickback otherwise ill leave and it will work. they want ur bussinnes otherwise tel them ill get a cab to get me here from the corner it will cost u more

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. johnnytwofingers

johnnytwofingers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My one outing with a group of guys to Saphire resulted in being probably $1200 or so lighter at the end of the night, and I was one of the more frugal ones, one guy dropped over $4k.

Once they get your credit card, they are pretty adept at extracting money, especially if you get very drunk or are generally of a trusting nature, or most of us were that night lol I wouldn't say anything wrong went on, other than them being "aggressive" in charging us for things, I don't think any of us even reviewed our bills for correctness, so we likely did get completely ripped off on some things.

I'm glad I did it once, but honestly at least as I recall it, it wasn't a particularly "fun" experience, at least to me it was so transparent that the whole place was completely about getting your money without even providing some illusion of...I dunno, whatever, I don't think I'll be back again, short of winning the lottery.

20. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not all clubs will let you in free (if you don't use their limo service) so be forewarned about that.

I am lucky, one of the bouncers at one of the clubs is from Hawaii and I made friends with him so he lets me in for free but in most clubs I have to pay the entry fee even though I rent a car. Some clubs will give me free entry or reduced entry fee because I came in my own car.

I don't drink that much because I don't want to get drugged. And I am always on the lookout for the double team, where 2 girls try to get you to buy them lap dances, you pay double for 2 girls per song and sometimes pay $40 instead of $20 for each of them (so it's $80 per song).

I agree with the others, too dangerous to use your cc, too easy for extra charges to get put on your tab and too easy for someone to steal your number and ring up charges while you are at the club or passed out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.