1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Are there ever any good room offers from the Cosmopolitan

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by golfdad, Nov 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golfdad

golfdad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been lurking here for a while and love all the information I can gather from the Vegas veterans in one place. My wife and I have not been to vegas in 15 years, which was on our 5th anniversary. We are already planning a trip for next summer for our 20th anniversary, and I would like to stay at the Cosmopolitan in a terrace studio fountain view for this occasion. Have any of you ever found any good room offers online or other places for the Cosmo. I realise that not having any recent stays hurts us, just really want to stay here and am looking for the best deal I can get. Thanks in advace for all the info I am sure I will get

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think their 3 for the price of 2 offer can be a pretty good one. It's not clear if there are any penalties for cancelling. So it may be possible to book one off now, and if you find something better later, book that and then cancel the first one with no penalties. Make sure to read the fine print!

https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/offers

IIRC, "Cyber Monday" (Monday after Thanksgiving) is when we saw a lot of travel deals last year.

4. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah you could try contacting Kevin, but with that big a gap between visits and assuming no other resort offers you're probably best off either Orbitz'ing it or getting on the Cosmo's mailing list to at least get some resort credit, or at times they run 3rd night free promos. Then when you get there get an Identity card and use it for everything so next time you'll have a shot at some comps.

If it's your first time in town in 15 years I'd love to see the look on your face when you walk into the Cosmo. That place is unreal.

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As Breakeven said, they usually have a few discount offers on their website at any given time.

Usually:
    • 15% or more off with additional throw-ins
    • 20% off for booking 60 days in advance
    • 33% off (this is the "3rd night free" offer, but it's not limited to 3 nights, you can book as many as you want and they take 33% off the whole stay)

The 33% off discount offer usually has a short expiration window because they wait and see what their inventory is, so you will need to keep checking back to see when they extend it to cover your dates. Also make sure to look at the terms to see whether they require full prepayment and whether they are refundable if you cancel.

The higher discounts are not usually applicable to room types from the Terrace Suite on up.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since they have not been there in 15 years, I would bet all YOUR money they have no offers to match. Zippo.

Chances of getting great rates at Cosmo are slim. Consider Paris room with a view/

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  7. buzz_king

buzz_king Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We normally take free rooms at CET properties but decided to stay at Cosmo in December. After pricing Cosmo directly and Delta flights, I checked Delta Vacations and was able to save about $500 for the same flights and same room. This was for three nights including a Friday.

8. RynoBU

RynoBU Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a AAA membership, the room price is lower than the offers the Cosmo typically runs (like stay two nights and get a third night free) and there isn't an expiration window to have to deal with. $60 AAA membership more than paid for itself with just one three-night stay. Just my 2 cents. We love the Cosmo; hope you all have fun.

9. rdwoodpecker

rdwoodpecker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you gamble much ? You may be able to hookup with a host and review your play. Just be honest about your play. They have been so good to us, typically 4 nights comped. I don't consider us as big gamblers. I can give you a name or two if you think it might work for you.

10. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do not do Paris with a room view! We paid for Planet Ho Strip View and we were behind the Paris balloon, really no view at all. If you haven't been in fifteen years knock yourself out with a Cosmo fountain view terrace. If you gamble book with Cosmo and try for a back end comp. Otherwise know you are spending your money on a fantastic room.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you get a view room at Paris, you will not be behind the ballon ( see google earth)

Yes, cosmo is much better, but expensive

12. golfdad

golfdad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry I have been so slow to reply to all the great suggestions, I have a crazy job that at times keeps me from being able to get on here and look much. I think we will just take our chances on finding a good promo on the Cosmo sight, like the 3 for the price of 2 deal. My wife who usually doesn't want to talk about vacations much this far in advance, is really excited about this one and is bringing it up more than me. She even said if we can get the 3 for 2 deal we might just stay for 4. Thanks again for all of your help, and I am sure I will post again on some other topic before we go.

13. ThePicksHub

ThePicksHub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a comparison. I gambled about the same at the Cosmopolitan and The Wynn on slots. I wanted to see the difference.

I get 2 comped nights at Wynn or Encore and two complimentary buffets for each day. Cosmo won't even send me a promotional email and I'm in their target demographic (28 years old). Albeit, I won more at Cosmopolitan, but I didn't think that was a determining factor. Oh well, their loss.

However, the 3 nights for 2 doesnt look like a bad deal. If I wanted to stay there, I would book that.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  14. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's ironic.

I just came from Cosmo with a fantastic view and am now in Paris Burgundy corner room with a fantastic view.

15. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The 3 nights for 2 is kinda off. It's 33% off.

If you go Wed, Thu, Fri, for instance, you may still find yourself paying $500 for Friday. This may equal out to Wed free but it's still a ridiculous cost.

If you have Marriott rewards points, the night you stay has no bearing on points. 50K points will get you a night in a Terrace Studio even if it's an expensive Friday or Saturday. I purposely use my points on expensive nights/special event nights. If the price is raised for the special event or a weekend, that's irrelevant to category hotel/points needed.

Cosmo is in Marriott's Autograph Collection so it (rightfully) is in the highest category which 9.

16. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may want to wait until next Friday/the following Monday for the Black Friday Cyber Monday sales as I have seen Cosmo do some crazy pricing in past years during that time.

We have also had luck with Southwest Airlines vacation package deals with flight and hotel combined that could not be beaten when priced out separately.

17. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  18. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ladies getaway, somewhere on the strip with a pool :)
  19. BlknGldSEA

BlknGldSEA Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just scored a pretty good deal through Costco Travel for Cosmo. My wife and I are going April 15-19 and total with flights, taxes and everything was $1080 for a terrace 1BR with fountain view (flights from Seattle). Costco typically can only provide a discounted value if the trip is bundled with flights. The resorts won't allow them to advertise an obvious discount over their offered pricing. I priced out what we could do without the deal from Costco and this saved us quite a bit. It was basically like getting the flights for free. I am pretty happy with the deal.

20. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That looks like a pretty great deal. Also includes a free breakfast/lunch for 2 people @ Wicked Spoon. Note that the resort fee ($30/night) is NOT included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.