1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dining at the bar.

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by PDub3, Nov 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PDub3

PDub3 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any recommendations for decent restaurants where dining at the bar is comfortable? Not wanting a $60 steak by myself, but a mid to upper mid range place. Thinking mid strip.

TIA!

2. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Todd English's Olives in Bellagio. I'm not a bar person and I absolutely have no problems eating at this one! They also have affordable options on the lunch menu, and their beef carpaccio is a meal for two ($20!)

3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Public House at Venetian is a fine bar.

4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Redwood bar / grill but it is downtown. More like 40$.

• Like Like x 1
  5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bardot at Aria. One of the few top-tier joints where the main comes with a side. You won't be able to get an app, main, dessert and drinks for $60 by any stretch. But a fantastic meal can be had for a reasonable (relatively speaking, of course) fare.

Edit to add: ...and the bar is great - absolutely gorgeous, plenty of TVs and skillful and friendly bartenders.

6. reedy

reedy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Triple George DT

7. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're not looking to play VP with this right? Just dining?

Someone said Public House at V/P, I'd second that. Also at V/P Grand Lux is a great choice, although I've had mixed experience with their drink quality (bartender skills seem to vary a lot, I suspect high turnover).

Mid-strip, there are a few restaurants on the LINQ promenade that are decent options: tilted kilt and off-the-strip both come to mind.

I don't recall if Hash House has full-service bar seating, but it would be the kind of place I could see that working out.

We use most of our money gambling, so we tend to eat in the low-mid price range. I can't speak to a lot of the steakhouses and stuff.

Taking the wife to a work conference
  8. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have any compunctions about eating at the bar in any Vegas resto, high end or not. I almost always go solo, and I've eaten at some of the highest-end spots on the strip with nary an eyebrow raised. I think of any place in the country Vegas is probably most used to solo eaters, since so many peeps come into town solo for conventions and what not. I almost always make a reservation, then just inform the hostess I'll be eating at the bar when arriving.

As long as it's not crazy busy at the bar the bartenders don't mind at all. I also know they love the tips :)

9. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holsteins in the cosmo

10. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I've eaten at the bar at just about every place at Aria. All have been great there, all have their full menus. I would say Jean Georges is probably the quietest bar at Aria. Javier's is pretty lively, Carbone is in between. You can get any type of cuisine and be very satisfied at Aria.

11. PDub3

PDub3 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great responses everyone. Thank you. I've made my list!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.