1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Good CET Restaurants ...

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by bobert07, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobert07

bobert07 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a moderate amount of CET reward credits and would like to use some on food during the next visit. Looking for suggestions for a nice (quiet) dinner with the wife, as well as a good place to have a decent breakfast (and bloody marys). Thanks!

Bob

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not a breakfast eater, but my favorite dinner spot at a CET property is NOBU at CP. Depends on your definition of quiet, however. Its not quiet, but its not loud either

I Need Spa
  3. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What type of food are you looking for??? There are many great steakhouses for the more moderate price is Center Cut at Flamingo, Italian Restaurants like Martorano's at Paris and the list goes on. Most any place is very good but any more ideas on what you want will help....................Rick

4. bobert07

bobert07 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We like many kinds of food ... Italian is a favorite, fish/steak, French, etc.. Probably nothing Asian (peanut allergy).

5. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mon Ami Gabi or Giada's are two good places that are not typically loud and have a good variety on their menus. Both have good breakfast/brunch as well as dinner choices and nice atmospheres.

I'm going to try out the new CP Searsucker restaurant in December because it sounds like a diverse menu and probably isn't overly done with the piped in music, etc.

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
  6. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not certain if your "quiet" preference covers breakfast. If so, Mon Ami Gabi is a great choice. Otherwise, you might try Hash House A Go Go. It is often busy, but if you want to put the feedbag on, and have some gussied-up Bloody Marys, this is a good choice, if you avoid those tasteless deep-fried potato cubes.

7. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind the OP indicated that he was wanting to use reward credits for the meal. Does Mon Ami Gabi accept RC? I thought I read somewhere once that they do not. Also, I know from experience that Searsucker accepts them but at double the usual rate, so a $100 meal is going to use 20,000 RC instead of the usual 10,000

I Need Spa
  8. jon_vegas

jon_vegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately, Mon Ami Gabi does not accept RC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not talked about much but we also enjoy Serendipity 3 at CP for breakfast. You get plenty. Not my first choice for steak but BLT at Bally's is nice and guiet.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  10. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree on Serendipity 3 big omelets, also Rao's at Caesars is another good choice with very good and quality Italian food..............

11. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If Bob is stayin at a CET property he can charge Mon Ami to his room and use his reward credits towards his bill when he checks out.
    BLT Steak at Ballys is very good for a nice quiet dinner.

Happy birthday to me!
    Let’s check Garth off my nieces bucket list!
  12. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used TR credits probably 3 times at MAG. As many have discovered, you have to go to the TR counter at Paris and use your credits to get a voucher that is redeemable at MAG. You need to estimate how much you'll spend and if you over-estimate, supposedly they put the excess back on your balance.

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did not know that martinr. Great info!

Happy birthday to me!
    Let’s check Garth off my nieces bucket list!
  14. blkshirt

blkshirt High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Breakfast I'd suggest Hash House a Go Go as well... Bloody Mary's were kickass..

There were four of us, we ordered three entrees for breakfast and well, we STILL didn't finish them!

15. jcombs

jcombs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 for BLT. To me it's about the best value on the cost to quality equilibrium of the CET steakhouses.

16. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure what a "moderate amount" means.

There a whole lot of difference in price between VooDoo Steakhouse at Rio and Center Cut at Flamingo.

For the "lower end", I would recommend the Center Cut at Flamingo. Two can have a nice, quite meal for less than $100 (no alcohol)

VooDoo, on the other hand, was over $300 without alcohol, and the view "wasn't all that".

17. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, here's the only problem with that . . . .

I don't believe that you can selectively choose which charges to use RCs for (never tried, as I was using backend comps, and they have to bring your balance to zero before they can do that)

So, if you want to use RCs for meals, charge them to your room, but pay cash for all other charges . . . . .

18. bobert07

bobert07 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the ideas & suggestions. It is a shame that some places won't take the RC's or will at twice the rate.

19. jon_vegas

jon_vegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  20. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can't use Reward Credits at Mon Ami Gabi directly, as has been previously stated. You can charge it back to your CET room and pay with RC's at checkout or go to the Total Rewards desk and have them print out a comp slip.

Searsucker charges double the RC's -- $2 in RC's for every dollar you spend.

I agree with Rick about Rao's (good Italian, but not the best on the strip) and Serendipity 3. Breakfast portions at Serendipity are pretty large, so you might want to share.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.