1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Late check out? Front desk or Host?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by ItsVegasTime, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsVegasTime

ItsVegasTime Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this question or not, if not I apologize.

I'm kind of new to having a host and am here at the Cosmo on a complimentary trip booked through a host who approached me last visit.

Checkout is tomorrow and i would love a late checkout. Would I just call the front desk and ask or would I be better off emailing my host to see if she can arrange it?

I'm not totally sure what type of requests I'm supposed to direct at her.

Thanks!

2. Big dam

Big dam Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually phone front desk first and if they don't provide the late checkout I contact my host to get it done.

3. fasbman

fasbman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends how late you want the checkout. If its just for a couple of hours past the stated normal time, generally the front desk will give it to you without a problem. If it is much more, then you may need to check with your host or the host on duty.

4. DJ Ran

DJ Ran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a good relationship with your host, have them arrange it for you. This way you'll know ahead of time and won't have to take that chance with the front desk.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And it will vary widely depending on their occupancy. If it is a saturday, they need you out of there. If a Tues/Wed and not events, they don't care as much.

6. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI I've done it with and without a host at Cosmo.

With a host, absolutely no problem. Without a host? They've been so busy it was a major pain, we had to call 3 times over 3 days, and kept hearing "no late checkout available" even with a fee...AND we couldn't even get noon approved! (And we were checking out on tuesday, not a weekend.)

We finally DID get an hour extra, calling in the day of checkout, but even that took a little time and we were put on hold for approval after first hearing "no" again. (I had asked them to apply our identity points to the bill, and I think when they saw we played a good amount, they granted late checkout, but it was still tough.)

With Cosmo being so popular now, if you're comfortable, I'd ask your host. Ours said late checkout is one of THE easiest requests to grant, yet saves you repeatedly calling down.

Good luck, and have a blast, Cosmo is our favorite :)

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would ask the host, that's part of the perks of having a host. If you're in one of the lower half of room types (ie. there's lots and lots of those rooms), it shouldn't be a problem if you're talking about 1:00 or 2:00pm. 6:00pm, you'll probably get pushback.

8. kollegekreed

kollegekreed Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive been at the CET props a couple times and asked for late checkout and was told to call back at 7am the next morning.

Dude, If I had any intention of being awake at 7 the next morning...I wouldn't need late checkout.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. xjjx

xjjx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4pm late checkout is the latest they typically can give at Cosmo before charging you the next night's rate (and with most hotels I think)

10. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. ItsVegasTime

ItsVegasTime Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think I updated here- but I emailed my host and she emailed me right back offering me a 4pm check out. I was in a terrace suite, and checking out on a Monday. Thanks for all the suggestions!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last year I had a 9PM Flight, I notified my host prior to arrival. She just comped me the whole extra night. My friends put their luggage in my room until we were leaving. It was good because before we left for the airport I got an update on our flight and it was delayed. The plane left about midnight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.