1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

PH - Striphouse?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by FYMYAWF, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all, staying at PH over Xmas time and have made a reservation at Striphouse for Xmas night. Any of you steakhouse experts have any feedback on how it compares to other strip steakhouses?

I have eaten at Stack, Jean George, Tender, Stripsteak, Colicchio's Heritage, and Gallagher's. I'm not big on ambiance, more focused on the food. LOVE Gallagher's, Stripsteak was great too.

I actually was trying to make a reservation at STK at Cosmo for the big Xmas meal, but they don't take reservations for one (traveling solo this time). I'll be eating early evening, would you recommend just trying to get a seat at the bar at STK rather than keeping the reservation at Striphouse? Is STK that much better, food-wise?

Thanks!

2. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not been in a few years but I like Striphouse a lot

When I used to go to conference by myself it was my go to solo spot

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Between Striphouse and Gordon Ramsay Steak (next door at Paris):

Gordon Ramsay Steak hands down.

The Striphouse was just "OK".

The food was just "better" at Gordon Ramsay.

4. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DaiLun I usually agree with you but I was not as happy with GR, we have already booked our reservations ( at NY time) at Strip House. Great rib eye and filet, also the wife loves Potato Romanoff. I liked GR but felt we had better food at Strip House the service were equally good and each took just over an hour and a quarter................Rick

5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a thoroughly mediocre experience at Striphouse. Nothing was 'bad', as in nothing got sent back. And the staff were not rude, just somewhat indifferent.

But I have eaten at Delmonico, Carnevino, Craftsteak, Cut, Gordon Ramsey, and SW Steakhouse, and the Striphouse is the only one I would not go back to. No dish wowed me, and that included the steak.

And FWIW christmas is pretty dead in Vegas. I'd have thought bar or table dining early for a single would be pretty simply anywhere. If STK is your preference, do it.

6. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually enjoyed Stripsteak the one time I went there a few years ago. I was solo and had really good service as well as great sides and a ribeye. My bucket list for my December trip has included GR Steak. Recently, I've been seeing some pretty negative reviews and am getting a little hesitant to choose GR Steak. Any input from you VMBers is appreciated.

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
  7. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stripsteak and Koi are very good.

GR was $$$$$$ and good but you can get just as good other places for less and I have to say, the whole look at the ceiling lights because there is a GR meaning and the waiters a bit on the snob side was enough for me to go once and no reason to go back. I was really glad I used points and not money out of my pocket.

8. JennAndRob

JennAndRob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went last week and were pleased- Au gratin potates.. filet Oscar style

9. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK that's it, I just looked up what "Oscar Style" is, and I'm keeping my Striphouse reservation now. Holy monkeys that looks good.

I normally wouldn't put ANYTHING on a good steak, but that looks amazing.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.