1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Steaks... steaks... steaks...

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Mark-KY, Oct 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark-KY

Mark-KY Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know this topic is a dime a dozen, but I am looking to make reservations soon.

Cut/Delmonico/Craftsteak are my 3 at the moment. Rate these for me (I have read 1001 reviews, naturally) and I know any can be better than another on a given day.

Thanks for any and all recs and other tips.

2. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like cut better than Delmonico but both are fantastic- never been to craft steak - you are in for some good eating

3. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to Cut and Delmonico. I prefer dry aged steak.

Delmonico > Cut Delmonico is more of a classic, old school, steakhouse. The bone-in ribeye is amazing.

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm one of the few who had a less than stellar experience at Delmoinco.

I've enjoyed both CUT and Craftsteak. But it has been a long time since I've been to Craft. And the service at CUT was pretty obnoxious, IMO, with the multiple upsell attempts.

5. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten at Craftsteak a couple of times. Really enjoyed it both times in terms of food, atmosphere, and service. Great restaurant.

6. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never eaten at Delmonico, but had excellent experiences at both the others, albeit a few years ago.

7. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never eaten at Craftsteak, but I'd rank Delmonico above Cut. Both are excellent, but there is just something about Delmonico that makes us return time after time. Could be the meat, could be the sides, could be the service. All three are among the best we've ever experienced.

8. remmerde

remmerde VMB's Resident Cigar Sommelier

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Craftsteak atmosphere kind of bothered me the one time I was there. Just seemed off...for a steakhouse. Felt like I was at a mid-tier suburban cookie-cutter restaurant instead of a high end Vegas steakhouse.

9. Tuggy79

Tuggy79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For what it's worth, I was at Joes in Caesars at the start of the month and the steak was simply amazing!

10. aeb

aeb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would rank them 1. Craftsteak 2. Cut 3. Delmonico
    The wife and I have eaten at Craftsteak 4-5 times. Steaks, sides, and service always excellent. We also enjoy the atmosphere and the room. Highly recommended.
    Ate at Cut once. Steaks were very good, atmosphere was nice as well. We weren't crazy about the appetizer and side selections. Could just be our tastes, however.
    Did Delmonico twice. Atmosphere and service is excellent. However, on both occasions my ribeye was full of gristle. Bad luck? Maybe, but enough to make us look elsewhere.

11. ChickenBone Jones

ChickenBone Jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have eaten at all three multiple times.
    Craftsteak is the winner here no question. The food and service are a 1/2 step above delmonico and a full step ahead of cut. All three are great, but the best of the best is craftsteak in my opinion.

12. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That 30-oz. Porterhouse is absolutely stellar. CUT is a great place, Delmonico was really good, Craftsteak sucked. Probably the worst steakhouse I've ever been to.

13. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All very good. My meal at craftsteak was a fixed group menu and some time ago, so tough to compare.

I would say Delmonico was the best steak I had. Cut was close though, and had better sides. In terms of atmosphere, Delmonico is classy and brighter, and Cut is darker and more modern.

14. FuschiaGoddess

FuschiaGoddess Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1) Craftsteak 2) Delmonico (never been to Cut) Been to CS several times, along with its outpost at Foxwoods. (Now closed, unfortunately.) As much of a Steak Junkie as I am, I rate sides/apps higher, and CS - for me - has far better apps/sides. Was disappointed with Heritage Steak on our last trip. Next try is SW Steakhouse at the Wynn.

15. andrew5499

andrew5499 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have done all 3 (but recommend SW).

Anyhow
    Delmonico - Cut - craftsteak.

Delmonico just because they also have the tomato soup with grille cheese and the Butter cake (or banana creme pie).
    Craftsteak had amazing Whipped Yukon mashed (basically masted potatoes in soup form).
    Cut serves a whole fish and my GF wanted the Whole fish including head. She likes the Head adn eyes.

16. gotChopin

gotChopin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mmmmm...head and eyes.

17. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rib cap at GRs is awesome.

18. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As with other cuts, is it strictly a personal preference as to how it is done? Or, do they make suggestions/recommendations toward med-well. etc? Sometimes, it is best to leave it to the chef since he knows how a cut is best prepared. At 60.00+ for an 8oz steak, I hope to really have fond memories of this experience in December and let it set the bar for all steaks in the future, if you know what I mean.

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
  19. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm guessing you mean in the Forum Shops. We eat there every time we go but never steak. Was wondering how their steak was.
    Homestead in Caesars is pretty darn good steak but I can't compare as I haven't been to Delmonico - Cut - craftsteak.

20. Tuggy79

Tuggy79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah Joes in Forum Shops. Steak was exceptional

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.