1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fairway Villas and Banana Chips!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by MikeE, Nov 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captjoe

captjoe Tourist

Hey Joe, are you gonna plan a trip soon that involves the hosting services of one Mr Bill Le? I can't wait to get out there again. I like the way you roll Jo Jo. Thats my idea of Vegas. It sounds like Wynn might be up my alley, I kinda like the idea of a place where the folks are dressed up a bit. I know it might not be for everyone, but for me its nice to do it up on vacation.

2. MikeE

MikeE The Shah's Slightly Hairy Cousin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YoungGun, thanks for the kind words.

That line was just brilliant, man! Thank you! If you're planning on being in LV, drop me a line--I might actually be in town. Hell, if you're ever up for a drink here in Orange County, I'm always down, too.

captjoe, I'll probably be using Bill's services on Dec. 16th for Body English. I actually invited him over for a drink, but he told me he couldn't make it.

You'd probably love Wynn, but until their nightclub is finished in mid or late Dec, their clubbing options are limited.

Thanks, but that's only because I lack common sense ;).

3. rdrfn70

rdrfn70 Low-Roller

Great trip report it was enjoyable to read and mede me miss Vegas.

4. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Nice TR, Joe. Love the photos...nice to see how the other half lives. Glad you had such a great time on your solo trip. :)

5. blackjack

blackjack Monkey!!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's one helluva way to do Vegas my friend. Simply outstanding. After Jacky showed you around the room & departed, be honest... did you jump on the bed & yell WOOHOO!!! That's what I would have done right before I heckled some golfers from the balcony... "Thousand bucks says you miss that putt". :banana:

6. splitinqueens

splitinqueens Tourist

Great TR Joe. Nice pics and great story. You and Hunter have convinced me to give the Wynn a try. It's taken a few visits, but I'm discovering all those little touches that are special. I had dinner at Okada on Sat night, and was really surprised at how nice the atmosphere was, especially the exterior garden/water features.

The only negative that I've had is that the Blackjack pit is a little too well lit and humming with activity. I really have a fondness for the more subdued atmosphere at the Mirage and the Bellagio.

7. -KorkedBatz-

-KorkedBatz- Tourist

Great report!! So are you staying in the same room for the Dec trip??

8. VegasDon

VegasDon Tourist

Awesome report Joe, you did it the way I would like to do it! Great to see younger guys with some class. Way to go!

9. MikeE

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny you should mention that because yes, I was like a kid in a candy store for about 10 minutes, but unfortunately, I didn't see any golfers get close enough to talk trash to.

Korked, unfortunately no, I won't be staying in the same room. I don't know what the current rate is, but considering that one of the nights I'm there is a Friday, I'm sure it will easily be double what I paid.

I'm really appreciating all of these comments guys! Thanks!

10. dung bug

dung bug Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice touch with the photos!

11. vegas vacation

vegas vacation Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report, I am leaving on Saturday and your report made me more excited, can't wait, it has been a year and I am sure that there are so many things to see with Wynn being one of them. After reading all of the great things on this board I am sure we will be blown away.

In response to the patience thing and crabby people. Everyone should follow the rule your parents taught you, treat people the way you want to be treated. I have worked in many customer service positions and I am pretty patient, I am even more patient since I am the mother of a 4 year old! But I am also not opposed to complaining when a complaint is due.

12. MikeE

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Bug and VV for your comments. I never thought I'd have such an enduring report, especially considering I've since written another one for a more recent trip (it's here if you're interested). Glad you enjoyed it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.