1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Regular comp room vs Myvegas comp room: is there a difference?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by georgesken, Nov 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgesken

georgesken Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering if there would be a difference regarding backend comps if you use a Myvegas roomcomp versus a normal mlife comp?

Lets say u have an mlife offer for 2 nights for A regular room in Aria and you have enough loyaltypoints for a 2 night Myvegas comp reward in Aria. Which one would be the best offer?
    For exemple, u have $15k coin in on slots over 2 nights. This would be like $1500 Theo, so this would give you around 300-400$ worth in comps. With the mlife offer this might just cover your room comp and maybe have them remove the resort credit as A backend comp. But in the Myvegas offer, do you also first have to cover the room cost? Or is the room totally free and Will you be able to use the full 300-400$ as backend comps?

2. georgesken

georgesken Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anybody any thoughts? Would-be a myvegas comp room be considered as an upfront comp or is it just a free room where any comps you earn throug Your play during Your stay are backend comps?

3. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know for certain, but I think the myVegas comp room reward is paid for with your loyalty points and is yours. They would double charge you, if they make you pay for it again at the end.

4. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Otherwise they would also do that with the free buffet rewards, take it from your back-end comps.

5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The way I see it, I'm not sure calling the MyVegas reward a comp is accurate.Technically, the room is purchased by MyVegas and used by you, much like Lady Fortuna's example of the buffet.

6. georgesken

georgesken Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So if you have A choice between the mlife comp or A Myvegas room, you're better of taking the Myvegas room because your play Will totally go to backend comps?

7. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it would, but my play never warrants back end comps, so a free room is a free room to me.

8. xjjx

xjjx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe a Myvegas "comp" would be considered a room "paid" with your points. Just as a room booked on points via Chase Rewards or any other program that allows booking with points. So your play would basically be for backend comps. Someone should call and confirm tho lol

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  9. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is just my best guess but one time I stayed at MGM on a myvegas comp with pretty limited play and they comped my resort fee, spa visit (just the access pass) and buffet. It was an overnight stopover as part of a longer trip and really wasn't worried about or tracking my play. So again, I don't really know but I think myvegas is a better move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.