1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Boyd Silver and gold cards

Discussion in 'Comps' started by nfajgmbr03, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nfajgmbr03

nfajgmbr03 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know it's been posted before but I'm curious the amount of coin in for each card at Boyd properties. Also, how easy is it to ask for a comp buffet or meal at the Cal or MSS? I see people post about getting free buffets for breakfast and I'm curious how much play and what type of play warrants this. Thanks in advance for the responses. One other thing, do thosE comps still come into play if you aren't staying there? I would assume they do.

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We get a Gold Card and we average about 11-12,000 coin-in per day at MSS. Others have done more that that and don't get a card. I believe part of the reason is loyalty. We have been staying at MSS for 19 years and usually do 5 trips a year.

I let others comment on the breakfast comps, but from what I have read here, it sounds fairly easy.

3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know either. However last trip I had one day of 13,000+ and another of only 5-7,000 coin in. I try to go by in the evening before the b-connected booth closes and ask for breakfast comp prior but did it twice in the morning and received one each time. They swipe your card and stare at the screen and ask if for one or two. Secondly, I asked twice for a comp to 777 and received more than I could possibly consume although I came close and was miserable my last night. I did not ask for Redwood Grill this trip as I had an invite from Joe for a meal there already.
    The lady hosts at the desk at MSS seem very friendly and sharing of information if you just ask. Some things conflict as far as information between hostesses but generally they are friendly and most generous (not generous like a lot for little play or servicing for long those trying to game the system without needed play). Joe has an assigned host(ess) and I don't but I did ask if I could choose one prior to one being assigneed to me in hopes of avoiding a possible poor relationship. The one I spoke with I actually preferred. She said they were small and didn't actually do that. Perhaps with Joe's longevity at the property they look for consistency in that case.
    If you worked with a host to make the reservations, then at least for that trip, this person would be the one to waive charges or comp additional days of stay. Any are available for "walk up" comps regardless of who made your reservation. I am going for SB in February and usually get a 4-night offer and the host said she would go ahead and book me for 5 nights comped and then look at waiving the sixth after review of play. This was back in September. The offers for Jan./Feb. just recently came out. So if no one comes out with definitive numbers just go by and ask. I am sure there is a base line they require. (by the way breakfast is not that expensive but a comp lets you skip the line if any, and leaves plenty of tip money for the staff serving you). Good luck!!

4. xothan

xothan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A comp lets you skip the line at MSS??? I have been comped many times but I did not know this!!! What do I do, just go in the Emerald line?

Does this also work at California, Fremont, and other Boyd properties???

How did I not know this?!? All the wasted time I spent waiting in line!

5. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Invited guest line / emerald line. I am emerald but they give you what looks like a cashiers check and photo id so they don't actually know I am emerald. There is a sign on the right side at the rear outside the "ropes".

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. nfajgmbr03

nfajgmbr03 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the info everyone. I'll talk to the desk rep in December and see if I can find out what qualifications they look for. I'll share what I find out.

7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have never gotten these. However (comma) a couple we often visit Sams Town with used to get the Silver Card, but now they usually get some kind of offer where the first so many $$$ per day of room charged food is written off.

We can usually score a comp room for a few nights and some token free play but so far no meaningful food comps.

8. nfajgmbr03

nfajgmbr03 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I've received the $15 free play and free nights at Sam's Town before. I'm hoping I can be like Flusher and Joe for longevity on vp to rack up the points. I've had good luck at the Boar's Head so maybe I can grind out a good 5k to 10k day there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.