1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

September 2016 Trip Report - Killer Weekend at Sam's, the Gaming Expo, and my 1st BJ tournament

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by zignerlv, Oct 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I've posted a new trip report on my trip report blog. It contains very little on gambling, so if you are looking for that, this is one to skip.

What I have in the report are my experiences in my first Blackjack tournament, my first dinner at the Angry Butcher at Sam's Town, some Laughlin Diamond lounge experiences, some notes on attending the G2E Gaming Expo, a prediction about "The Market" downtown, "the stairway to nowhere" in Laughlin, the "blind" slot machine playing, and much more!

There are probably a few typos left in the report, but I'm tired of editing it! I'll clean it up as I reread it in time.

http://deamonlv.blogspot.com/2016/10/september-2016-trip-report-killer_6.html

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice read! But take pic of your royals next time! I've only been yelled at twice after God knows how many pics...lol

And no way I would have known their second album was named "Sam's Town".

3. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the dealt royal! I have not had one for several years.
    Enjoyed your BJ tournament details.....I placed 4th in a Riviera one through dumb luck. Have never placed since!

4. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent and informative TR, zignerlv! Thank you!

The "stairway to nowhere" may just be a random place to "get high." :D

RICHARD

5. Niteshade

Niteshade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report and pictures. Thanks
    for sharing and Congrats on the Royals!!!
    Way to go!

6. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting report zignerlv. Lots of detail in this one and I enjoy all the random things you brought up.

I'm sad to hear The Market looks to be in trouble. I thought it was a great little store.They had some good fresh food options before and friendly staff. I wonder why the change in the last year? Fremont East has always struggled with businesses and restaurants coming and going but I really thought The Market had found their niche. Hopefully they can rebound from whatever is causing them to slump now.

I just had some stucco patched on my house and can see in your picture of stairway to nowhere that there is just a slight shade of difference for where they patched a door. The stucco on our house is similar texture and (old) white as well. So when they went to match the color of our new stucco with the old, they just added a small bit of cement dust to tone down the white and make it a pretty close match. I used the same stucco company about 15 years ago when we put new front steps on the house and that time they just swept up a bit of driveway dust to add to the mix. They were able to match the white color perfectly that time. It's surprising how close they can get it considering there are so many levels of white. Anyhow, just a little trivia for you. But yes, the stairs there do look funny!

Thanks for the report and pictures. It was a good read!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.