1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My Turn Has Come And Gone

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Jimbucc, Oct 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I sit here writing this exactly one week later than when I left. Last week Sunday my wife and I were waiting to board Spirit Airlines flight 1069 Cleveland to Las Vegas. We splurged and got the big front row seats going down. Our 40th anniversary is next month but we can't get away in November so we made the plunge now. The big seats are roomy enough but it gets busy up front with the flight attendants running around and the front bathroom. It was fun but I wouldn't say it is a must thing to do unless you really need the extra room.

Flight arrived on time which was 8:30 P.M. Vegas time. It took a little longer than usual at the luggage carousel. That's what happens when you sit in the front of the plane and are the first ones off. No wait for the rental car shuttle and not many passengers. No line at Payless and they had my Chevy Impala waiting. How does a 2015 Impala not have a key fob? I got a key that I had to manually unlock the door with. Guy tells me Payless and Avis are merging and this car was from Avis. He said the original keys probably got lost. That was my only inconvenience. We are spoiled with technology. I don't like going backwards.

Drove to the Hard Rock Hotel where my wife and I got free room offers. We each got $100 in resort credits and $15 free play. We hardly gamble there so I don't know how we got this offer in the mail. The resort credit cannot be used for taxes or resort fee. NOBU, Culinary Dropout, and Pizza Forte are excluded.

Usually when we arrive late at night we get shafted on room preference. This time it may have worked for the best. We were put into the HRH All-Suite Tower. This was a nice surprise. We used some of our resort credit at Mr. Lucky's and Fu Asian Kitchen during our stay. The other meals were 2 for 1 buffets from ACG around town.

Monday we went downtown to see if we might run into Joe at Main Street Station. I knew from his post that he and his wife were celebrating 35 years of marriage. We found Joe and his wife at the Boar's Head Bar. We also had the pleasure of meeting Bubbakitty there. Great to meet you guys. :wave:

My wife was doing well gambling but I was down. It took me until Wednesday, our last day, to turn things around. VP is mainly our choice or gambling. I finally hit four 3's with a kicker to break the ice. I then got on a spin the wheel triple play machine where you get to spin the wheel if you catch 4 of a kind natural. I like to play deuces wild on these machines so if I get 4 OAKS natural I can spin. I was dealt 3 queens and hit the fourth queen natural on both line one and two. Two spins of the wheel got me over 1000 credits playing nickels at Palace Station. Later in the day I caught four aces with the kicker at the Wynn. All my losses were made up and a small profit.

When our time was over and we took gambling inventory, we were down $25 for the trip. A suite at the Hard Rock and a very small loss made for a nice trip. As I stood in line at the airport I thought about how Vegas just pumps people in and out. Fresh money constantly coming in every day and the weary getting ready to go home. Spirit Airlines was on time for both legs of the flight. :thumbsup:

My turn for Vegas has passed by like a warm summer breeze. It always goes too fast but it still is good to be home. Until we meet again.

• Like Like x 5
  2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've heard some people say those Big Seats on Spirit are the way to go when flying them.

Good job on the gambling. $25 down, I call that a winning trip :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice to go home with minimal losses. When that happens I always feel that I had a good trip. Thanks for sharing your report.

• Like Like x 1
  4. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am SHORT and I would probably NEVER fly on Spirit Airlines without the Big Front Seat option.
    I like flying the red-eye home because it's non-stop and I usually can catch some zzzz's.
    Unfortunately the "BFS" has constant noise from the flight crew and the people waiting to get to the bathrooms can be uncomfortable.
    An eye mask, ear plugs and a travel blanket/scarf and pillow are SUPER helpful!

• Like Like x 1
  5. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to meet you guys too mr bucc....it was brief but I can relate to making the rounds as loiter too long and the schedule gets haywire. Good job on the losses and suite. (Strange as earlier a poster stated he got a crappy room-- was a regular I believe and they wouldn't accommodate any forgiveness of fees/charges he arrived late too and wasn't able to get the room he reserved either ). Nice guys don't always finish last. Hope to meet up in some future venture.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine is more like a warm fart.....:rolleyes: But I know what you mean!

It's great that you came home with mostly all your BR. Add your great suite and other perks and I say it was a winning trip!

Congratulations on your upcoming 40th anniversary!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Jimbucc - enjoyed your short and sweet TR - nice get on that suite! And nice turnaround on the gamble - great way to celebrate your anniversary. I'd call that not only a win but a nice pivot into autumn...

• Like Like x 1
  8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your TR sounds like a lot of my Vegas trip. Lose, lose, lose, WIN, end close to even. But I will take trips like that versus a big loss anyday!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on pulling back to nearly even!! A win for sure...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, my trips are like that also. I would end up still in the red even though I had a big win on the last day, but not by much.

However my last two trips sucked, especially my last one in July. I had a big comeback on the last day but it never could compensate for the horrendous losses earlier. Shit......!! :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm very glad you ventured into MSS and we met. It is always nice to put faces to names. I would be happy with your losses and consider that a big win. In spite of aces w/kicker ($2,000), aces w/o kicker ($800) and two straight flushes($500), plus a quarter aces w/kicker ($500) on a ten play DDB, I ended up $800 in the hole.

Very big congrats on upcoming #40. You don't look that old. Did you marry at 16?:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That counts as a big win right there!!!
    Good move on the big front seats! We try to grab them whenever we can!
    Thanks for the great TR, Jimbucc! :thumbsup:

RICHARD

• Like Like x 1
  13. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Breaking even is a WIN! And you had a great time as well. Congrats on scoring the great sweet and the good times that you had.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.