1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Harrahs Early check-in

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by bullhead, Oct 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bullhead

bullhead Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I flew in from Cleveland on October 11th. We ended up at Harrah's around 9:30 AM. I was not surprised that they wanted us to pay extra to get into the room that early. I am rather cheap and stubborn, so I decided to drop off our luggage. We gambled and ate lunch. We went back to the desk around 1:00 PM, and we were told that the room was still not ready. $20 would get us into a room. I was disgusted because it was Tuesday. I know that they had many rooms available. I think that too many people pay extra for service that should be normal.(like early check-in with Southwest, "resort fees" in Vegas) We got into our room about 4:00 PM. The room was clean and quiet. Harrah's has a great location for us, but we could have been treated better.

2. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wholeheartedly agree with you. No reason not to let you in a room if there's one ready to go. Just a bitchy way to nickel and dime you and leave a bad feeling in your gut about the place. I must say that years ago they never played this game but let you in without a problem. This crap was imported from Europe where they don't even let you pay to get in early. Check-in is at 3:00pm and even though your transatlantic red-eye flight landed you at their hotel at 10:00am and you haven't slept in 24 hours they couldn't give a sh*t..."Check in is at 3:00pm".

3. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    have always gotten in early everywhere on a weekday with no charge. from 7am downtown to 11 am on strip

4. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same as eagle. Never had a problem with early check-in. I would say 90% of the time I am checking in around 11am. Just lucky, I guess.

5. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's unfortunate you got treated that way. I've been lucky I guess the last 3 times we stayed there as we arrive by noon and checked in.

6. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At one of the props I was told that the early check-in fee was only waived for Diamond/7Stars (she indicated I was lucky I didn't have to pay it because I was Diamond).

Easter again..:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.