1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I'm at Caesars now. Palace Tower awful- don't do it

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by vegasloverfromatl, Oct 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasloverfromatl

vegasloverfromatl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hi-

We ended up getting in last night around 6pm and able to purchase Elton John tickets on StubHub in the taxi (show was amazing). We didn't have time to get our room so left bags with bellman (first mistake).

After show I go to Diamond lounge with my VIP access card (this was my second mistake). Guy who helped me was not nice. Tells me they are completely sold out of king beds in the entire hotel which I know is BS. I don't want to move rooms as he offers to put us in two queens and move us today. I insist he ask a manager. Comes back out and still no king. I tell him I booked this king bed in Palace tower in june. I want the manager. She comes out and all of the sudden there's a king bed found. What a miracle- not!!

Husband shows up in the middle of this and says no one was at bell station and he went in himself, grabbed our luggage and came back out. Really safe isn't it!???

Anyway, after a three mile walk to our room, it was so disappointing. Old, dated, dirty carpet and lampshade. I'm sure my insisting for the manager and being a bit of a bitch helped me gain this wonderful room. Anyway, we just wanted to get settled so we could grab some food and go gambling!!

This morning though I called down and asked to please be moved to Augustus since the room was so gross (oh and I forgot about our great parking lot view) lol. They were very nice and gave us a wonderful king room in Augustus tower. No view really but nice and big and clean and close to the strip and pool!!

My point of this thread is don't stay in Palace Tower. We will never do that again!! And if that's as high as I'm comped again, I will go to the regular check in and use the $20 trick to get upgraded. The last time I used VIP I also didn't get anything special but every time I have used $20 trick at Caesars regular check in I have always gotten what I asked for. Lesson learned!!

2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You sure it was the Palace tower and not the Roman or Centurian tower? We stayed in Palace tower a few years ago and it was quite nice.

3. vegasloverfromatl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Positive. Roman tower is now called Julius and there's no Centurian anymore. Think that's now the Forum. Maybe there r updated rooms in Palace but we were not given one. Can't say enough how awesome and convenient Augustus is!!

4. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I think a lot of factors play into you getting that room....
    Also, just curious, but you say you're "Diamond" and "VIP", so I'm guessing you got that Diamond card from buying a founders card, or from some other method (other than gambling).
    I'm not trying to downplay the fact that you got a shitty room...but it's sorta like the movie Waiting...if you the "help" doesn't like you...you're going to get fucked.
    Be happy they moved you...they didn't have to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe that room was out of service for the reasons you hated it, but since you insisted on a king room they gave it to you anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  6. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's the saying about vinegar and honey?

• Like Like x 3
  7. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Centurion tower became NOBU right?

8. DJ Ran

DJ Ran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't expect them to go above and beyond for you just because you obtained Diamond status buy shelling out a few hundred dollars a credit card.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. xjjx

xjjx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you Diamond? Or do you just have the VIP card that you get from the CET credit card? That VIP card really isn't good for anything except skipping lines and early check-in/out. You are better off getting Diamond via Founders Card than using the VIP card. With the VIP card, the workers know you got that as a credit card perk. With Founders Card Diamond it is not as easy to distinguish and you may be treated better. Just my 2 cents

10. vegasloverfromatl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes only VIP card from 10k spend on visa and I hear what you are all saying. I started off very nice and only wanted what I booked. A king bed in Palace tower. I don't want so sleep in Queen bed with my husband when this is our only getaway by ourselves every year. When he insisted there was no king in entire hotel, that's when I asked for a manager who then found what I booked. She even asked me what tower I wanted and I said I'm happy to take what I booked. I wasn't even looking for an upgrade. I also agree they didn't have to move me and I'm thankful.

I am simply saying the Palace tower is old and if you have a choice, choose Julius or above. Also, it says probably better if all you have is the VIP card, to just check in at the regular front desk. I learned my lesson twice now. I'll not use that special check in again.

Y'all are a tough crowd. :)

11. ExVegasLocal

ExVegasLocal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't stay/play CET. But I'm curious. If you can't expect them to go above because you spent money to purchase Diamond status, then what is the point of spending the money? Surely, it's not just for the shiny card?

12. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Diamond, and even 7 Stars, is totally oversaturated now with all of the bonuses they give to earn tier status faster. Honestly, even as a 7 Star I don't feel like the level of service at CET properties is all that wonderful.

But I also have to point out that when you book it clearly states that they aren't guaranteeing you get the room type you reserved. That's just the way it is with all hotels now. It sucks, for sure, but it's what everyone has to put up with.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is precisely why I'd never stay at Caesars. I don't wanna play the "which tower will I get stuck in"-roulette.

I think their cheapest rooms are already way overpriced, and they're just not that nice.

14. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

God, I hope that doesn't happen when I go to get my Ultra Hip Room at pH next month. My check-in is late and I bet my Diamond won't do anything. Then again, if you paid for a Ultra Hip Room and they squeeze you out, they should try to do something to make you square -- that's my impression at least

Agree x1,000 -- the property isn't that nice and I'd rather pay for a room at the Wynn if I'm paying full retail for a Caesar's room.

15. vetsen

vetsen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally agree with this. CET ran out of money for offers and went to trying to attract play with tier level because it doesn't really cost them anything. The problem with that theory is it waters down all of the levels and some of their best players get a much inferior experience.

16. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

It may be diluted, but comped resort fees, priority lines, the lounge access, and the $100 meal credit alone make it worth it when you consider how easy it is to get status. In my eyes, it's an easier program to earn status on than mLife and rewards you nicely despite the relative ease.

17. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're looking at it from just that perspective, I have to agree. The actual benefits are good for the amount of play necessary, but the service itself isn't always great.

18. vegasloverfromatl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, the VIP card is definitely worth not having to wait in line at restaurants. We just skipped an hour wait at hash house a go go. Woot!!!

19. vegasloverfromatl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. Don't get mad at me for spending the 10K to get me the VIP card. That's what Harrahs offers me and I enjoy skipping the lines for that. Believe me, I would rather be earning my delta sky miles but I use the Harrahs once a month so I don't lose my RC's and also ramp up my spending a few months prior to our visit just to obtain the VIP card. I'm not doing anything I'm not allowed to do.

And I would be upset and insist at any hotel if I booked two queens and didn't get them or a king and didn't get it. I know it's not guaranteed but it's my expectation that if I have my kids with me, I need room for four people to sleep!

20. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Yes, the status allowing you to skip lines for restaurants is so great! And, speaking of Diamond, you still need to do a lot to get it. The bonus for next year isn't that great and the only decent one was the point doubling during the summer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.